Monday, January 23, 2023

Monday January 23, 2023 Security

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday January 23, 2023

Sunday morning we walked late, dodging people and traffic coming from the main stage at El Centro.  Then we slept in again until 8;30am.  That is becoming a new habit.

And Cristina went into Tulua to help with her mother, Ana Julia.  I got into season 4 of FAUDA on NetFlix.  This is about how the Israeli Secret Service deals with terrorists domestically and internationally (fiction of course).

This morning was the same people and traffic scenario on a lesser scale but with louder parties, which was a surprise to me because today is not a holiday...  and the loud music was still happening past 9am.  We had the same dark sky as we visited the horses to see that Whitey had a new stablemate.

On our return, I got a large shock when I could not remove my key from the deadbolt on the outside front door.  When I did finally did manage it, I repeated the mistake several times, trying oil, etc, before giving up.  I removed the deadbolt with my key still trapped and taped the door to stay closed.

After our nap and chores, Cristina and I went to HomeCenter, deciding against trying to repair it, to get a new deadbolt.  After checking with staff, I finally got the same, most secure, specially keyed, Yale deadbolt.  We also picked up oils and glues and stuff.  The deadbolt sounds expensive here at 192,900 pesos, but that converts to $42.43 USD at today's rate.  The $1 USD buys 4545 pesos.

Thankfully the deadbolt reinstalled easily and works well.  It also came with 4 of the special keys, which is perfect for our needs.

Then I fell into an exhausted sleep in the afternoon.  So many things are stressing me out.

I contacted Carlos from Servinet because my 4pm deadline today had passed and we had no service restored.  He responded that it would be restored this evening.  Naturally I am not holding my breath...

The new Queen of Andalucia just went by and I don't think she was my pick.... but still very pretty....  I think she was #3 in yesterday's post.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

New deadbolt inside

New deadbolt outside (I did clean later)

Rosebud

Neighbour's avocado in our yard

Orange ripening

Hail the new Queen

Enjoy your reign

Very pretty and capable