Thursday, January 19, 2023

Thursday January 19, 2023 San Pedro

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday January 19, 2023

I could hear a lot of traffic (motorcycles) on our street at 4am so I did not want to put my dogs at risk.  The closure of the main road might last until Sunday so I'll need to figure out a safer route.

The story is that XUI IPTV somehow lost their subscriber list and needs to recover that to regain our TV signal.  We take that with a grain of salt and I have given Carlos until 4pm Monday to fix this or give me my annual subscription money back.  Cristina is absolutely livid not having TV.

There was a light sprinkle of rain in the morning to keep the temperature very comfortable.

I complained directly to the local Servinet office about the Internet dropping every day, requiring a Network Reset.  I was getting nowhere going through Carlos.  The local office sent a technician within 2 hours and he supposedly reset a faulty instruction in the Router/Modem.  My speeds to the dumb TV are excellent!

 I decided that we needed to get out of the house so looked at Google Maps to find someplace new to visit, without hitting toll booths...  San Pedro is a town just before the toll booth south to Buga and the viewpoint Mirador San Pedro is up a bumpy gravel road several kilometers.  We went in first gear the whole distance, very slowly to minimize damage to Lizzie.  

Arriving there, the first thing I saw was amazing,.. a Yellow-Headed Caracara moving around on the back of a cow!   I have never seen that!

We enjoyed the great view across our Valle Del Cauca to the coastal cordillera of the Andes from our perch atop the central cordillera.  I used the Lumix for the panorama shots.  Many little rainstorms were happening over there as storm clouds were also advancing from the east.

We spotted so many different birds on the way back and my Merlin app on my phone helped identify all of them.  I really have to begin again getting out more often. 

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

A beautiful day on the main highway.

Bad gravel road east of San Pedro.

Caracara on the back of a cow!

This is the first time I have seen this.

Yellow-headed Caracara is type of hawk...

And this turned out to be a Grand Ani

The view taken with the Nikon

Panorama with the Lumix

Little rainstorms along the coastal cordillera across the valley

This is a Tropical Mockingbird!

Grazing on the central cordillera

Zooming in on a distant rainfall.

Love the markings on this bull

Agave can become tequila after 70 years.

Love agave markings

Gorgeous tiny flowers

A Green Parrot

5 Green Parrots

Gift-wrapping an agave

Lonely bull on a mountaintop

I love the Ibis!

They have a distinctive call too.