Saturday, January 21, 2023

Saturday January 21, 2023 Fiesta

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday January 21, 2023

It was a super noisy walk this morning after less than 4 hours sleep, and the party/dancing at the central square was very loud until past 4am.  There was lots of traffic and people from that celebration, and it was spitting rain, so I cut it short again.

Oh, and I missed telling you that Expedia/Latam finally returned my money 6 days ago.  

So I couldn't sleep in, and chores were late and complicated, because I had to post yesterday's Blog first thing with all those Cabalgata photos.

So, lunch and a nap were definitely in order as we awaited another parade (supposedly starting at 2pm according to the neighbour, but actually started at 4pm) apparently celebrating the 139th Anniversary of Andalucia.

The lead in the parade were the Princesses, each on their own float, pulled by old, smelly diesel farm tractors.  My money for Queen is on the last girl...  We were joined on our sidewalk by Cristina's friend, Angela.

This was followed by all types of dance, biking, cycling, ethnic and geriatric groups.  Many of these had some pretty incredible costumes, and there were some very talented dancers in every group.

So, I was finishing processing the photos while Cristina and Angela went to check out what was happening downtown, lots of food and sales booths with a stage show to occur later.  She called me to join them so I could pay for a delicious pork potato plate, followed by another sausage supper, with 2 drinks which sated all of us for $10.00 USD, and it was one of the best meat meals I have had here!

Then we wandered a bit to the booths alongside the church.  The gals were interested in jewelry while I was interested in leather sandals for $6.00 USD but instead bought a huge 5 compartment fannypack for $7.00 USD.

When it started to sprinkle I headed home to do this.  If it pours, Cristina won't be out very long, because she hates getting her hair wet.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  They load so quick and much better with this fiber optic internet!  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Angela and Cristina seated in front of our house

Princess 1

2

3

4

6

5

7

9

8

10, the likely winner

Lots of dancers

A local Fire Chief

Kids dance incredibly well

Roller derby anyone?

Expressive

Bubble makers

Motorcycle oldies group

Great costumes

Loved this one

Amazing dress from coffee country

Inventive

Show-offs

More expression

Amazing dancer

Oil and flour make a mess...

Party bus

Part of the supper for 3

Cooked this way over wood

I may lose this camo fanny pack?