Monday, January 9, 2023

Monday January 9, 2023 Holiday

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday January 9, 2023

Last night we ended up watching Old Yeller as Roger came with both kids, Johan and Camila.  They sure loved my popcorn and I was near tears at the end of this 1957 movie.

I then got into Season 1 series of Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan.  I enjoy it immensely, as I do his books.

Today is the feast of the Epiphany, so there were 2 parties happening along our route this morning.  The two pigs were loose and the streets were wet from the evening rain.  The bright almost-full moon always managed to find a hole in the clouds whenever I looked up.

We all got up early as I wanted to have chores done to watch hockey and Cristina went in to help her mother.

I have been battling severe arm pain all day, pulling every trick in the book for relief, and now I hope the drugs kick in because nothing else is helping..

The USA under-18 women took out Finland as easily as Canada did yesterday, but looked more impressive doing it.  The USA have some very skilled skaters and shooters who know where the net is...

Canada spent almost 1/2 the game (28 minutes) in the penalty box so the host Swedes outshot them 45-31.  The Swedes were assessed 12 minutes, as the one referee seemed to love the sound of her whistle too much.  When the teams were 5 on 5, Canada controlled play easily.  But it was their lack of decent offensive plan that was frustrating, as was their very poor pass receptions and shooting.  Canada won this game 4-2 with an empty-netter, but I think the Americans would crush them head-to-head based on today's play.  

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Our autumn already

Best of a lot of really bad Tom Thumb shots

Supposed to trim the jungle on Friday.

Playing with one hand tied behind our back....