Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Wednesday January 11, 2023 Wrong

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday January 11, 2023

There was no Princess parade last night and probably none tonight, so maybe only the rich parents can afford such things..

We walked at the normal time this morning and most of the normal route.  The third story dog at the corner has been strangely silent the last few mornings (and I'm not complaining).  At the far end of  our street we encountered 4 street dogs and the big pig, but none of them gave us any grief.  We went by the horses and the mare moved with me as if she was looking for food but, of course, I didn't have anything.  Whitey was resting, and Spike visited with us as the bright moon was directly overhead.

We went out at 8:15am to pick up Cristina's friend, Angela, near the cemetery and went in to her folks place in Tulua to get the female dog that was the pet of her brother who committed suicide.  We took the dog to Dr John Faber Rojas for sterilization and I dropped off the girls downtown to do some shopping, and came home.

I made a detour by D-Uno for milk, snacks and dog snacks.  I picked up ham and  cheese slices for sandwiches for lunch.

The long-awaited Canada - USA match for the under 18 gals was at 2pm and I was so happy to be wrong that the USA would wipe the ice with them...  The Canadian girls controlled the puck well and forechecked the heck out of the Americans.  They still made the bad choices for passes and shooting, but were smiling at a 0-0 score part-way into the 2nd period.

That was when the phone rang that the dog was ready for pickup so I figured I could miss the majority of the 2nd and the intermission and still make it home in time for the critical 3rd period....

Of course, I was assuming that the girls would be ready on arrival....  Not...  And then we had to bring the dog back to the parent's place and then drop off Angela...  Grrrrrrr

So I arrived home, turned on the tube to be pleasantly surprised (and happy to be wrong again) that Canada was up 3-1!!  They continued to play hard in the same fashion, in spite of having that same awful referee as the last game, who this time awarded a penalty shot against Canada for a non-existent infraction.  Luckily, the American shooter mishandled the puck...  So I missed every goal as the game ended 3-1 with the Canadians unbelievably outshooting the Americans 35-11....  Jeepers, we would be dangerous if we could shoot properly...

So the readership for this Blog has plummeted dramatically according to the Blogger statistics...  I don't know why....  I am the same boring guy that I was before.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

A hibiscus tree in Tulua

Angela and the dog

A dead commuter bus entering our town

Bougainvillea

Aloe

Tom Thumb

TT

TT

So happy for the Canadian girls!

They controlled the game.....