Sunday, January 29, 2023

Sunday January 29, 2023 Odds & Sods

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday January 29, 2023

The photos today are from yesterday's 90-minute trip to the cemetery.  I always enjoy the magnificent views from there and love the mist between the ranges of the coastal cordillera.  Cristina covered up the boring plaque with the photo of Christian with hearts and flowers like before.

I find that I start watching a new series on NetFlix and quickly get bored with the same, predictable plots over and over...

I ate the rest of those ham sausages for supper last night.  I couldn't resist....  Of course, the dogs happily help me.

I only had 3 dogs with me this morning as Buddy decided to sleep in.  The air was acrid with smoke from sugar cane field burning to the west.  I think they do it at that time to reduce complaints as everyone is asleep.  We came across the piggies fast asleep on the grass across from their residence.  They didn't even budge as we went by. 

I changed the route a tad and came across a frustrated drunk thief trying to break into a pickup truck.  Even when I yelled at him and pretended to take his photo he just continued making a mess of the truck, holding a finger to his lips asking me to be quiet...  I suppose I should have done more, but I don't need any police hassles here or some guy wanting revenge.  I hope my yelling woke the neighbours.

I took Cristina into Tulua to spend time with sister Adiela and niece Natalia.  My 4 co-pilots were very well-behaved, even when I cramped their space with a metal table that Cristina had made me bring home.

I made a stop at Rancho Panorama, our fishing spot, to get more of those ham sausages, but they didn't have any.  I will stop again the next time I am in Tulua.

I managed to watch a bit of under-18 male curling on CBC by using a VPN on the computer.

They keep predicting an afternoon rain, but it is very dry here.  A thunderstorm passed us to the south with no benefit to us but the noise.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Towering palms at the cemetery

A boring plaque without dates!

We got Christian a protected spot

You know that I love that view

Cristina covering the plaque

One chapel archway view
A window view

A different window view

And a different archway view

Notice the Pieta inside

Our guard dog for this journey

The finished result