Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Tuesday January 3, 2023 Rainy

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday January 3, 2023

It rained New Year's night while Cristina was holding vigil with Christian until 1:30am.  Needless to say, I didn't get real any sleep, but I still went for a short walk with the 4 dogs in the morning Jan 2.

I don't know how I lasted, but I watched most of the 4 quarter-final Junior Hockey games.  There was no way I was going to miss the last contest between Canada and Slovakia and it was a barn-burner, with Canada winning in overtime 3-2.  Now Canada will play the USA tomorrow.  The game between Finland and Sweden was another great game which the Swedes pulled out of the fire...

It rained again overnight (and it is raining now) but not enough to form our lake.  These small rains are much, much better,... and it is so nice and cool for a change.

For some reason, my throat was scratchy and I was coughing and spitting all night trying to get rid of the phlegm.  Again, I got very little sleep.

I forced myself to walk 3 dogs and we came across the 2 pigs before cutting the walk short again.  I tried to sleep again but it was so fitful that it couldn't be called sleep amidst more coughing and spitting.

There was no water at 8am so I had to shower with the dribble of water from the emergency tank.  For Cristina, I went to pick up more diapers which I delivered to Ana Julia, and also some puppy food for Adiela.

Then I ran to pay my health insurance which was still 89,000p today but increasing to 98,000p in February ($18.17 USD to $20.01).  $1 USD buys 4898p today....

Next I went to Exito at LA 14 for my veggies..  They didn't have any cabbage, granadillas or guanabana, grrrrr... so I made a stop at out local veggie place and they had awesome red cabbage and granadillas.

I had left Cristina at home because I am expecting packages from Amazon and actually have word from DHL that my delivery will come via the local ServiEntregaThat one is likely the 300 laminating sheets because it says that the package is 3kg.  They did not show up today...

The rest of the day I have been stumbling around, barely awake, and still coughing.  I haven't found the need to spit for a while, sleepwalking through chopping my cabbage and later making my salad.  I can hardly concentrate on anything, so it will likely be a very early night...

Sorry, no pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.