Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Wednesday January 25, 2023 Damage

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday January 25, 2023

Well the corner dog has returned to herald the beginning of our morning walks again, yesterday and today.  And different house dogs along our route are a nuisance waking up their neighbourhoods.  Thank goodness my dogs behave themselves, although my fierce protector Princesa is always ready to challenge all comers!  We visited the horses both days again under the dark blue moonless and starless skies.

An ex-sister-in-law passed away yesterday aged 86.  RIP Sheila.

Yesterday I tried to pay the house taxes again, but now they have changed the starting date again to Friday....  Grrrr

Cristina went in yesterday and today to help with dog adoptions for Adiela.

Yesterday, we finally managed to get our IPTV back on.  That is such a relief!  Now I just need to check websites to see when certain teams are playing, and curling bonspiels.....   I also was supposed to help Aram with an online? practice math test but that got delayed to Thursday.

After Cristina left this morning I made a trip to D-Uno for needed supplies,.. eggs, milk, livers and rice and sausages for dog meals, etc..  Plus I picked up fried chicken for lunch for the next 2 days.

I also picked up 2 rechargeable LED Flashlights like the good one I keep at my desk for 18,000p or under $4 USD total. 

At 1pm I had our regular investment review with my financial advisor online.  I have to rely on his market knowledge for the "best guess" of what is to come.  My big thing is to regain lost money and avoid taxes.  

I stepped outside to watch for Tom Thumb but got caught in a freak 15-second wind shear that caused one of my plantains to fold.  A closer examination of the yard showed that we have a major tree in trouble too, and some new ones needing TLC...  I have contacted Leonel to come and help me if he can find time soon.  And I didn't see Tom....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

2.5" Gecko

Grigi daydreaming

Rosebud

Collapsed plantain

This one is soon to fall too

Too much lean here....