Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Tuesday March 23, 2021 Fenicia

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday March 23, 2021

Last night, no water.  This morning, no water, ...had to use the emergency tank again.  It was over 24 hours before it came back.  Cristina says some homes have been 5 days without water!

The morning dog walks feel compulsory for me unless it is raining, but I had to pass on gym again today as we had too many things to get done for our little planned trip today.  We had picked today because the forecasts showed the least possibility of rain for this week.  It was very foggy this morning, even when we picked up Igor at 9am and headed south to Rio Frio where we had breakfast then headed up to Fenicia and back.  

It was still very cloudy and misty until we were on the way back.  My photos are only 1/2 decent because I used the Polarising filter and strong processing.  Fenicia, the town itself, is really boring with no decent views at all.  The best views are right around German's finca (acreage).

We came back to Tulua and stopped at La Herradura for lunch and Cris and Igor did a bit of shopping.  I resisted the impulse.

We then took Igor to a nice little viewpoint east of Tulua where I got the photos of the big birds and the little butterfly.

From there we re-entered Tulua to be able to exit on a different road east toward La Marina.  The weather was much more cooperative by now but the views seemed old hat already.

We dropped off Igor and headed home to our anxious dogs and Claudia who was minding them.  I had wanted her to clean house but that is very hard without a good water supply.  That may wait for tomorrow.

I contacted Aram, who was also in Tulua today, and he stopped by to help get the heavy trash bags from yesterday to the curb for tomorrow's garbage pick-up.   

I finished "The Pillars Of The Earth" series last night, which was most enjoyable, and am now starting another short series called "The Undoing".  So far it is not failing to hold my interest and has big-name actors.  I forget how many episodes there are, no more than six, so I just may get through the balance tonight, but I doubt it.  I'll probably fall asleep.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  I had to look up those 2 new birds... 

Google has again determined that it knows the order of my photos better than me.... so almost everything is not only jumbled, but most is backwards....  Big Brother is always right.... 

That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

 

View from near Fenicia

Igor likes interesting plant life

This is one that intrigued him.

Views to the west

More sunshine to the west

A bike accident entering Rio Frio

A panorama on the way up to Fenicia

Not as sunny looking east over the valley

I loved this tree so I had Igor pose for me

My shot of the day?

Igor standing on iron-rich soil

To the west again

To the east

West

Igor found something interesting

How green is my valley?

I love the coolness up here

Heavy concentration by Igor
Southern Rough-Winged Swallow?

East again

German's red-roofed finca

Neotropic Cormorant?

Turkey Buzzard

River east of Tulua

Near German's finca

This one too

Coffee growing near Fenicia

Igor near Fenicia

Horses near La Marina

The horses are on the far left...

One of my favourite views driving to La Marina

Butterfly east of Tulua

Turkey Buzzard

Turkey Buzzard