Thursday, March 4, 2021

Thursday March 4, 2021 Rain

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday March 4, 2021

Yesterday we got a call at 9:45am from Leonel, our lawn cutter, that he could come at 10:30am or 2pm.  Cristina was doing her hair so she put him off until 2pm... big mistake...  The heavens opened and he didn't come until the storm had passed at 3:40pm.  Cutting heavy wet grass, and collecting it, is no fun, .... and compounded by the fact that the whole SW corner is underwater, he quit halfway through.

The secondary problem that so much rain in a short time overcomes the ability of the tile roof to move the water so we again had ceiling leaks in different locations.   Grrrr  I still think that we need a smal fellow to make sure everything is aligned as best as can be.

So, I didn't really get at anything but decided to check out the music on "The Nostalgia Machine"     http://thenostalgiamachine.com/

I have always felt that the mid-60's (particulary 1964) had the best music ever and I downloaded everything decent and available (not all the links work) for 1964 then did everything between 1960 and 1971.  It always pained me whenever an all-time favourite wasn't available.  I just kept at it until bedtime.

This morning I loaded all this music onto my memory stick for the car and saved it to my main Music file as well.  Then I tried to use my MP3Gain program to regulate the volume between the tracks.  For some unknown reason it would stall and give me an error about my PrintShop program.  WTF???

I finally deleted the MP3Gain program and tried to download a fresh updated version.  Ever one I managed, about 5 times, still came up with the same stupid error....  Grrrr

After waiting and thinking for a while, I installed my PrintShop disk and made use of its repair function.  Then I re-installed the MP3Gain program and IT WORKED!  So then another couple of hours was spent (while napping) to batch regulate all the sound levels in both locations....

We went to pick up diapers (beginning of every month) for Ana Julia and went into Tulua this morning to deliver them.  I wanted to stop in at Dollar City but the line-up outside deterred that visit.

So I suggested going for pork cutlet dinner in BugaLaGrande.  We had 2 enormous meals with one soup and one drink for 21,500 pesos ($5.90 USD).

We are not sure when Leonel will return to finish cutting the "grass" but we hope that it gets a chance to dry up a little first.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Half-cut soggy lawn

Brown Beetle

BB

BB

Golden Silk Spider x 2

GSS x 3

BugaLaGrande

My huge lunch

Greeters entering Andalucia (there were 4)

Hibiscus

Grigi

GSS x2

GSS x2

GSS

GSS x2

Small GSS

Rival eaten and left hanging?

GSS x2

Nina 2