Thursday, March 11, 2021

Thursday March 11, 2021 Stir Crazy

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday March 11, 2021

This morning, I had the dogs at the door to go out and realized that it was raining lightly , so I brought them back in.  I walked to the corner and spoke to the owner of a gym there, a former Chilean Air Force pilot, built like the proverbial brick sh*thouse.  He has a much larger premises and way more machines and stuff than he had at his old premises at the other end of our block.  This location appears to be part of the school on the opposite side, with a track and soccer field, so I don't know what arrangement he has made,.. if it is only during Covid??  Anyway, Buddha has finally concurred that he needs to get fitter and toned up again, so he starts tomorrow.

I went back home and the rain was still just spitting so I took my 4 stalwarts around 3 blocks, not too far in case a deluge was to begin.

Cabin Fever caused me to grab Cristina and we took a trip into Dollar City to buy mostly stuff we didn't really need, but I was going a bit stir crazy and needed to get out.  On the way back we bought some fried chicken for lunch for today and tomorrow.  Maybe starting a gym routine will break the monotony of the days and make us feel better physically and mentally.

Standing out back I was shocked to see an azure blue crow join the doves and finches at the feeder.   I looked it up on Merlin and it is shown as a Shiny Cowbird...  There are lots of cows in the area...  In fact, there is an open lot 3 blocks away where some guy has about 6 cows that he milks around 5:30 every morning.  The stench for the neighbors is overpowering, poor them.

I keep trying to get really definitive shots of the faces and mandibles of the many Golden Silk Spiders without the success I want.  Manual focusing while teetering on sandals is not a good start, and, even at inches away, I am not getting the results I want yet.  Many shots are just out of focus and discarded. Some day I might get lucky with the monopod or tripod.

We have finally had to put a cone on Zorra's head because she won't leave her injured ear alone and it won't heal and she bleeds everywhere.  Hopefully it will work, even if she is trying to shake it off every minute, she is not able to scratch the ear.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Wall sentries

Rosebud is now a rose

1 of 5 more coming

Surpise, a blue crow.....

It is called a Shiny Cowbird

Flowering orange tree

Saffron Finch

Golden Silk Spider

GSS

GSS

GSS - male

GSS

GSS

GSS

GSS

Flower of orange tree

GSS

GSS

GSS

GSS

GSS