Monday, March 15, 2021

Monday March 15, 2021 Repeat

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday March 15, 2021

I got up to walk the dogs but it began a heavy rain so I took my time, gathered my stuff, did some stretches, grabbed an umbrella and made my way to the gym on the corner by 5am.  That is such a good time to go because there was just me, the trainer Alejandro, his wife, and one other couple.  So personal training is at its optimum and Alejandro is doing well at mixing up my exercises so I should not get bored with repetitious stuff.  With the heavy rain outside, we really didn't see any others today.  I also found out that they are normally also open Saturday from 6 to 9.

After, I had a chat with him and I had misunderstood him before.  He was with the Chilean Air Force, but not a pilot.  He was an expert in anti-aircraft fire and even was an instructor 11 years in Dubai.  His wife is also a Colombiana from this area so we have that in common.  I had to relate the long story as to how I came to be here as well. 

The rain continued unabated for a long time so the lake in the backyard is so big that I decided to sell cheap lakefront lots on Facebook.  The only catch is that buyers have to bring their own sand to fashion a nice beach. 

An apology is in order too.  For over 2 years I have been calling Tom Thumb a Tyrian Metaltail but I discovered today that he and she are actually Rufous-Tailed hummingbirds... and they are not on my "hummingbirds of Ecuador" list, so maybe they don't go that far south...

We had water this morning before gym but nothing here since..  There is something wrong when we have beautiful deluges of water from the sky but the treatment plants can't clean out all the resulting silt and we have to manage somehow without water throughout the day.  Hopefully it will come back around 5:45pm like yesterday, but I am not hopeful.  Usually we get it back with drastically reduced pressure, but that still lets us clean things...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Cheap lakefront lots for sale

Bring your own sand to make a beach

Golden Silk Spider x 2

GSS x 3

Mrs Tom Thumb is a Rufous-Tailed Hummingbird

GSS by the back door with a large fly to eat

GSS and meal

Bad shot with flash

The flash surprised it

She waits me out

But she is hungry

This is why we want spiders - outside...