Sunday, March 28, 2021

Sunday March 28, 2021 Racing

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday March 28, 2021

We cut short our walk this morning because it was spitting rain and went back to bed for 2 more hours.  There would be no late morning nap for me.

I was trying to rush through my chores and had a problem with RedBubble that cost me 20 minutes of wasted time.   Grrrrrrrrr  Then Cristina asked if we could go to the cemetery, forgetting that I had a 10am appointment.  So I rushed some more and we made it to the cemetery in plenty of time to allow me to get to David's by 10.

David and Igor were raving about watching the Moto3 race beforehand where the order changed every few seconds for nail-biting excitement.

We were all excited to get back to watching Formula 1 followed by MotoGP.  The fact is, when world champion Lewis Hamilton is on the front row (behind Max Verstappen), we know that he is still the man to beat.

It didn't take long for action as the new rookie Japanese driver crashed on his 3rd corner.  We had crashes with debris that caused a few yellow flags which allows the drivers to bunch back up again, make quick pit stops, and ruins a lot of front-end distancing.  The Mercedes team is by far the best for strategy and today was no different.  Hamilton got the lead and set a new record for most laps led in Formula 1.  He is truly the best of the best.  With only a few laps to go he was passed by Verstappen who had to go off the track a bit, giving unfair advantage, so he was forced to relinquish the lead back to Hamilton who would not give it up again.  The pundits immediately questioned the timing and track position when Verstappen and Red Bull gave up the lead.

I had high hopes for my guy Charles LeClerc in his Ferrari who started 4th but he faded back to 6th later in the race.  Hamilton, Verstappen and Bottas on the podium is a familiar tune.

MotoGP was awfully exciting, few crashes, but many high speed position changes.  The speedy Ducatis were 1-2-3 for much of the race but got passed by Yamaha's Maverick Viniales who held on to win.  The positions behind him changed many times, my guy Quartararo trying, but not succeeding, to crack the top 3, finishing 5th.  On the last lap, 2 of the Ducatis passed Joan Mir to take the last 2 spots on the podium.  A great day of racing.

I was surprised to hear that Wolf, just older than me, got vaccinated today at my BugaLaGrande hospital!  A check on their website showed that we can go Mon-Weds from 7-5.  Hopefully we can get there early tomorrow.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Dramatic sky today

New flowers for Christian

F1 early crash by rookie

Verstappen leads at this point, lap 36

Hamilton gets the lead and sets an all-time record

Verstappen chases down Hamilton and passes

But he has to relinquish the lead

Hamilton cruises to victory, again..

This is a night race with fireworks

The podium, again

Placement 1-10

Placement 11-20

Ducatis are 1-2-3 at the start

They stay there a long time

Viniales takes the lead

Nobody can catch him

Joan Mir had 2nd, but had problems

The finishing trio