Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Tuesday May 12, 2020 Outside


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  might be working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday May 12, 2020
At least twice a day, around 11:45am and 4:45pm, there is a call to Catholic Mass at the church 3 blocks away.  They play Ave Maria in Latin over the loudspeakers.  I am embarrassed to say that, as a Catholic and a student who took Latin in school, that I am a complete failure.  It wasn't until this week, after listening to Ave Maria probably one thousand times that I realized that it is only the Latin version of the Hail Mary prayer....  I hang my head in shame.

We had a nice rain overnight again so the backyard is thriving once more.  The greenery, flowers, birds, insects and animals are all happy.  Killer was way out in the sun, beathing heavily with his tongue way out so I brought him a dish of water.  He emptied the dish in a minute.
The rosebush is going crazy as are the sunflowers finally.  It is funny that I found grasshoppers in both.  Tom Thumb continues to battle rivals for the feeders and the dogs are barking at the neighbour who is making noise.
It is another very lazy day of long naps and Netflix.  I am thoroughly enjoying the opportunity to resume watching Outlander. 
Cristina informs me that I can now only go to Tulua on Friday.  They have what are called Pica Placa rules (Plate Sting)...  People with licence plate numbers ending in whatever number can only travel on certain days.  This was a common worry in Cali where it is a daily curse but unusual in little Tulua.  Thankfully Andalucia is even smaller and this is not a rule here.
While we want to kill that damned virus in its tracks in the whole world, the lockdown is becoming a royal pain-in-the-a$$ when we can't do the simplest shopping and get tasks accomplished.  I can't even talk to my phone company.
Stay safe everyone.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Start


 
The first rose is open about 2" wide

This one is about 1.5" only

Opening rosebuds are under 3/4"

Gotta love the colours

So very pretty, only 1/2" wide

This rose has a visitor

Killer in the sun, thirsty

Buzzards on the prowl over the sugar cane fields

Yep, Killer really needs some water

Our first open sunflower grown in the old kitchen sink

Another close to opening

A visitor on this bud too

Click on photo to enlarge to see better

Tom Thumb says "Hi"