Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Wednesday May 27, 2020 Banking

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  might be working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday May 27, 2020
As I said yesterday, we were starting early, out the door at 7:05am to be in the Tulua Bancolombia bank line-up for 8am opening.   We were in line around 7:20 and were already behind about 100 people trying valiantly to maintain social distancing, going around the block.  By 8:45 we had made it to the corner and by 9:30 we could see the door.  We got in the door at 9:50am but I was sent outside again as they would only see one of us, not both.  We were changing an expiring CD in Cristina's name.  At 10:30am Cristina got me back inside but still had to meet alone with the Asesor.  We got out of there after 11am.  After I had seen the lineup, I had told Cristina that we were in for a 4-hour marathon, and I had it almost on the nose.  Remember, this is the biggest bank in town.... and it still has such antiquated systems that take forever to do the simplest tasks.  It took me 1/2 the time as this when I worked in the Bank Of Nova Scotia 1969-1971, and doing everything manually....  Oh, and Scotiabank basically owns Bancolombia... 
From there we spent $110 USD on needed groceries at LA14, mostly my stuff and more multi-vitamins.  Then we filled up Lizzie's tank to the brim for under $14 USD on the way home.  
The photos today are all with the little Lumix which I still carry in my fanny pack but hardly ever use.  It is an OK camera in the daylight and has an amazing zoom capability.  The writing on the buttons in some spots are wearing off surprisingly.  I have to remember now which is the one I need to view the pics, lol.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

1/3 of the bank line-up going around the corner

Another 1/3 around the corner

Another 1/3 heading for the door

$110 is a trunkful of groceries.

The Lumix did a good job on this close-up shot

Tom Thumb says "Hi"