Monday, May 11, 2020

Monday May 11, 2020 Patio


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  might be working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday May 11, 2020
Saturday night I did get to watch UFC preliminary bouts and then, surprise, they extended it to all bouts until midnight, 6 hours in total... But I petered out at 10pm and made my way to bed.  It was indeed strage to watch a sporting event with no crowd in a darkened arena.

Sunday at 10am it was already 28C in the house so it didn't take long to reach 32C+ and stay there until 5pm.
I killed most of the day playing with old photos from the Bar U Ranch near Longview and some photos from Europe, trying to keep my uploads ever-changing and interesting.
Claudia and Daniel came by and took Killer on their motorcycle for a treat, ... a swim in the river which he apparently enjoys very much.  They took a couple of photos of the joyous event  which I am pleased to share.
In the afternoon we got a sudden high wind, very rare for here, and that blew a bunch of dirt in the skylight area from the roof.   A strong, but short, rain followed.
Cristina binged on DVD horror movies in the afternoon and I watched 2 more Netflix movies in the evening.

Today has been a mostly dull day, sitting around 29C all day with another short rain.
Carlos came with his helper and, at Cristina's request, started to repair the long carck down the center joint of the patio.  They started cutting the concrete with an angle grinder and the dust was horrible.  I am still unsure if the dark gray paint covering the repair is the end of it or not...??? 
I stayed out of it and happily binged on Season 4 of Outlander, newly added today on Netflix.  I easily watched 4 episodes already before my supper salad.  More later for sure..
Carlos also finally got around to painting around the new bedroom door, although a brighter white than the surrounding light cream colour.  Again, I keep my mouth shut.  They are basically doing this for free for us and this type of work is what passes for acceptable in Colombia.  The dogs were very good throughout the whole ordeal.
Friday Carlos says he will be back to tackle the roof.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 
Killer enjoying the river

He needed a good bath

Carlos and employee chiseling concrete

Repair needs to dry

The repair is almost the whole length

Turi enjoying the yard

Killer and Zorra too

And Tom Thumb of course

Ugliness around the bedroom door

Fresh white paint

Section of white paint inside too

Gray sealer???

I think I preferred the open crack...


Fin