Saturday, May 9, 2020

Saturday May 9, 2020 Backyard


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  might be working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday May 9, 2020
Happy Birthday cousin Maurice!  You leap ahead of me again.
Yesterday was "hombres" day in Tulua so I went in for a few groceries dominated by my veggies.  It is good to go early because there are few men shopping and contact is minimal.
I stopped in to visit at a distance with David who I haven't seen in such a long time.  He is doing well, staying hunkered down and out of trouble.  With his severe COPD, this virus would certainly mean instant death.
I came home with the groceries and noticed again that there were no police checks anywhere so I ate a quick lunch and I returned to Tulua with Cristina.  We wanted to shop together for a TV Box at Exito in La Herradura but the guard at the parking lot confirmed that she would not be allowed in the mall.  It did not take me long to confirm that Exito did not carry them, so we were back home quickly.
I had a quick nap and worked on photos until it was time to make salad.  Aram came at 6pm and we watched the last 4 episodes of Pablo Escobar.  Aram had seen part of the series a while back but never saw the conclusion about the killing of the druglord.  After he left, I watched "Beirut".  That was pretty good and I keep getting more impressed every movie I see with Rosamund Pike.  Not only is she gorgeous, but she is an accomplished actress and speaks several languages apparently fluently..

After the dog walk this morning, I could see a bat cruising the back yard in the dawn light.  They always fascinate me but he was gone by the time I got there with the camera.
I worked on a few Okotoks area scenery photos and had a quick nap with the dogs.  Cristina made my favourite fried hamburger which I usually have with mashed or boiled potatoes.  She made french fries.  Oh well, I cut them up and mixed them in and that was a lovely meal.  Actually, I saved 1/2 for tomorrow.  My lunch is usually light.
We have been waiting for tonight because the UFC is having a crowdless fight in Jacksonville, Florida but was very disappointed to not see it listed at 5:30pm on the TV listing for Fox Sports.  Boo Hoo.  I will have to check later anyway, just to be certain.  They just might show the preliminary bouts but I don't expect to see the championship matches.
Our little rosebush is going to have a dozen yellow/red roses according to Cristina.  It is blooming everywhere.
Tom Thumb was battling off 2 rivals today so I got a couple of decent shots for you.
It is 2pm and it is 32.4C in the house.  We keep trying to do "mind over matter" and ignore the heat but the stickiness is unrelenting.
On the Covid-19 front, I watch the numbers at https://ncov2019.live/  which seems to be pretty accurate as the different countries report during the day.  I assume the better snapshot would be in the evening.  At this point the world is showing over 4,000,000 cases and a daily increase of 1.58% average.  That is much better than before and looks promising in my book.  I started to record the countries with over 5% daily increase and saw that was going to be a very long list.  I changed that to over 6% and came up with much shorter list from those countries that have reported so far.  The scary thing to me is that Africa has most of the countries in that category and that continent could be decimated because of the lack of hygene and aid.  We are not out of the woods worldwide by any stretch.  Continue to keep safe and don't listen to the anti-vaxxers and the bored people who think that getting their hair done or going to the beach is more important than staying safe.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 
Such a pretty rose, n'est-ce-pas?

Multiple buds waiting to burst into life

Mango leaf

Mango leaf

Tom Thumb
TT

Fried hamburger and french fries

Killer is enjoying the whole yard

TT

TT

TT

Saffron Finch

SF

Tiny gecko

The rose, again

One rosebud