Thursday, April 16, 2020

Thursday April 16, 2020 Rescues


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  IS working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday April 16, 2020
It was unusual to see low, blowing fog in the street this morning.  Later the sun came out and it warmed up considerably.
I ran into Tulua today because I got a message to pay another instalment for my health insurance.  They have weird restrictions in place there, only men can be on the streets today, yesterday was women.  Each town has their own strange rules now.  The good news is that my health insurance is back in effect.
Cristina came home with three tiny abandoned kittens and brought along a female cat they hoped would be a suitable surrogate mother but it didn't work.  So, they are feeding the kittens by hand every 2 hours and advertising for a surrogate.  The outlook is frankly bleak for them, so tiny, and the eyes aren't even open.  One still has an umbilical cord attached.  We can only pray somebody has a female able to feed them.
I am watching Versailles on Netflix as you know, and it is always thrilling to think that I have actually walked  those grounds.  That got me into checking out some of the history because of the battles with William of Orange, and then researching the claim that we are somehow descendant of French nobility, probably from Marie Leber, the original Canadian ancestor, but my searches have so far proved fruitless.  I will tackle that again another day.  I did come across some amazing accounts of ancestors as coureurs-de-bois in the early fur trade.  Very interesting reading.
I heard a fire siren coming down the street, then a loudspeaker saying to open the doors for fumigation, then they sprayed our doorways with something, hopefully good....
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

 
Mr Vermilion Flycatcher

Kiskadee

Buzzard

2 buzzards

Buzzard

closer

Saffton finches
Tom Thumb 1

Tom Thumb 2

Tom Thumb 3

Love this.  I wish it was a clearer shot.

Tom Thumb 5

Tom Thumb 6

Nina and Turi

Surrogate mom?

Nope, didn't work out

3 helpless kittens

Hope they will survive

Fumigation