Monday, April 20, 2020

Monday April 20, 2020 Tom/Blogs


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  IS working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday April 20, 2020
Walk the dogs, exercises, chores, and naps are now the standard morning routines.  Lunch, photos, afternoon naps follow...  Evenings are binge-watching Netflix.  What fun,... but at least we are safe, getting along well, and healthy.
One of the springs broke on the Pooper Scooper a while back so I slipped out to find some new ones.  The PS is a necessity with 11 dogs, what can I say..?  The first Ferreteria (hardware store) was closed.  The second was operating through a partially opened door, not allowed entry, but he did not have any.  Closer to home, I tried a bicycle shop and they had similar springs but too big.  I was only out 10 minutes and scurried back home.  If the other spring breaks, then I might have to jerry-rig elastics or something.....
Taking photos of Tom Thumb is normally an exercise in patience, but not here.  The photos should be taken in sunshine, from close, and the equatorial sun is relentless.  If he doesn't show up in the first 10-15 minutes I have to give it up.  When he does show up for the 10-20 seconds or so, I need to be ready and snapping away.  Luckily he is accustomed to my presence.
A thunderstorm began about 3:45pm and it sure does help to cool the house, thank God.
I noticed that this Souvenir Cuenca blog is #1981, creeping quickly onto #2,000.  I had started with 559 Cuenca Residency blogs, and did many changes to the solitary Cuenca Residency blog as well, so I am easily over 2,500 blogs in total since I came to South America.  It has helped pass a lot of time over the 9 years.

Scary stuff = https://ncov2019.live/
Today, we are almost at 2,500,000 reported cases of Coronavirus,  which is probably a fraction of the real numbers, 170,000 deaths, and still daily increases of over 3%.  Both Canada and the USA have higher daily increases, which is unacceptable.  Our politicians set an awful example and lie to the populace constantly.  Some countries have over 30% daily increases so we are still in big trouble worldwide.
Then you get people who are as dumb as the Orange Turd, and young Turdo, ignoring safe, reasonable health policies, roaming outside unprotected and urging others to join them as well.  The Darwin Awards salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who accidentally remove themselves from it.  I don't wish ill of anyone, but these idiots who roam the streets with impunity could well find themselves rewarded with these awards.  Stupid, sad creatures.
We fully recognize the hardships to those who live paycheque to paycheque, or worse, and can only pray that landlords, banks, and government are able to defer payments and help the people through this.  Throwing many back to work too early will only worsen and extend the problem.  
Making essential services of jokes like Pro Wrestling just outlines how stupid, and obviously corrupt, the politicians really are.  How can we have faith in such politicians to do the right thing and stop this virus in its tracks? 
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.