Sunday, March 1, 2020

Sunday, March 1, 2020 Puppies


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  IS working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday, March 1, 2020
Happy 81st Birthday, brother Fern!

I didn't get much sleep as the neighbours were again partying loudly until almost 6am.  
We were out at 8am to pick up a larger puppy at the Animal Park to take to Adiela's.  Then we picked up 2 more smaller puppies at Zoonosis and brought them along.  We followed Adiela by a round-about route to the Univalle University at the other end of town, close to ChijillasCas.  There the girls stayed for the day at an adoption event and to take donations of cash and food to help the homeless dogs (and cats too).
Then I went to David's where we watched the second race of the weekend for SuperBike.  I guess the first race was very exciting and this race sure had its moments too.  The races were at Philip Island, south Of Melbourne, where I have such fond memories of the moulting ritual of the Fairy Penguins.
Then we watched 3 episodes of a Netflix series "Drive to Survive" which is an in-depth recap of last year's Formula 1 season: the drivers, the managers, the teams, the changes, the rivalries, the mistakes, the competitiveness,and it does not hold much back.  It was last year's series that got me hooked on the sport.  Always fascinating to see behind the scenes.  
Then I made a solo shopping run to LA14 to get my staples such as coffee, milk, honey, my salad fixings, and a few snacks.  I can't live without the snacks unfortunately.
Cristina contacted me to come and get them at 4:50pm.  The storm clouds were really rolling in with scattered showers.  Remeber that I washed the car yesterday...  Naturally we didn't get out of there until 6:10pm after loading up a lot of dog food in the back of the car.  I was amazed at the amount of dog and cat food that came out of there at the end.  I guess an artist had started a raffle for one of his paintings.  The cost of tickets was some dog food.  And they had banners, paw stickers and activities.  I was impressed at the event organization that involved the students..
The good news is that the 2 smaller puppies got adopted out.  The bad news is that someone dropped off another 5 tiny abandoned puppies.  One of those got adopted, so we returned to Zoonosis with the larger puppy and the 4 small ones.
At Zoonosis they had 2 baby squirrels without parents.  The big hearts of all these people is awe-inspiring.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

These two got lucky = Adopted

The smaller the better to get adopted

Superbike starters

Middle of the pack

and the also-rans

They ride so very close together

Exciting finish with teammate rivals

So close, but no cigar today

Lowes was the surprise winner

Victory for Kawasaki today 1-2

Podium at Philip Island - Race 2

Poster for Adoption/Donation event

I missed all the excitement

4 of the 5 new abandoned babies

We need to find them homes quickly

Harder to place the larger puppies like this one

Protection from the rain

New rescue(s) at Zoonosis

I was amazed it didn't scoot off

Cute little critters

I assume they will eventually be returned to the wild