Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 Rio Frio


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  IS working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
We blitzed into Tulua around 10am to see about suspending my Health Insurance while I am gone.  For $6 I cancelled it and can re-start it when I get back, with the usual 30-day emergencies-only proviso to start.  It sounded good to me.
We went to the bus station to get the low-down on the direct taxi to the airport.  I need to go the day before and buy my ticket for 28,000 pesos or $8 USD.  It cost that much in tolls to get to the airport!  I need to be there by 4:30am to catch my plane at 8:48am so we'll have to figure out how to do that.  Cristina thinks I should stay in the hotel across the street for the night.
Then, since we were across the street, we went to Olympica for more dog food livers.  There, we ran into acquaintances Rene (Swiss) and Omaira (Colombian) from Rio Frio.  We couldn't stay and have lunch with them because Movistar closed at noon and I needed to get there.
However, the lineups were just ridiculous so I will leave it for another day.  I am hoping that I can supend, or amend, my phone plan while I am gone.  I also want to find out why I contsantly have to remove and re-install my SIM card several times a day to get their lousy service.  I hate Movistar!
Then we got a few things at Dollar City and headed home where I had delicious smoked bacon and poached eggs and toast.
We barely finished that when Cristina was all in a panic to take that old black pitbull that we had cared for to an adopter in Rio Frio!  Daniel, the kid that helps at the Animal Park came along to handle the dog in the backseat.
We met the new adopter, Carlos, at the main park in Rio Frio and then drove another 30 miles or so to an acreage in the mountains above Salonica.  The dog only barfed once and otherwise was a model passenger.  The new owner liked the name Killer for a pitbull, even though he is just a big softy.
On the way back, we dropped in on Rene and Omaira who we hadn't seen for 3 hours, lol.  We actually had not been at their place for almost a year.  Daniel was fascinated with Rene's model trains and 220V broiler/grill.  The two of them have such a nice place and wonderful animals.
Time for a night walk with Aram.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 
Beautiful driving in Colombia

Some type of Chicken Hawk?

Beauty above Salonica



Killer at his new home
Killer really likes Daniel

Daniel, Killer, Carlos, Cristina

Rio Frio (Cold River)

Rene and Omaira's swimming pool

Samantha

Samantha 2

Samantha 3

Daniel, Rene, Omaira, Cristina

Rene and his amazing train set under construction

Even the girls are impressed

Rene's Broiler/Grill from Switzerland

Making a mozza snack for Daniel to taste