Saturday, March 21, 2020

Saturday, March 21, 2020 Tom Thumb


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  IS working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday, March 21, 2020
So the sun is crossing the equator and moving North.  The sunlight will change in the back yard making photos of Tom Thumb more difficult so I decided to try a few more shots today to kill time.  The sunlight definitely helps for clearer pictures.  No sign of the Roadside Hawk today.  I took 72 shots and kept 20.
You can see the early feeder shots of Tom that he has a spider web filament from his beak to his head.  And I have one shot, (the last one) where he is beginning a crap expulsion.  You never know what you are going to catch until you see them on the computer.  And, in case you are wondering, I am 100% certain that this is all the same bird...  The way Tom can fluff and primp, and change his body size is amazing to watch.  High in the tree, he looks plump and more brown as he primps.  But he is a sleek green when he comes to the feeders.
I am happier with the lens after seeing decent full zoom shots in sunlight.  My next experiment should be low-light shots at high ISO to see how it performs...
I had an afternoon nap with Turi, Nina and Grigi and the house was quiet as Cristina napped in another bedroom.  Lots of time to kill, and it was hot....
I watched the movie Apollo 13 and I don't recall ever seeing it before.  It was made in 1995 and I may have seen it then, but not since.  You can always tell a Ron Howard film because his bald brother Clint Howard is always in the cast.  This time he even had his mother in the cast.  I enjoyed it.
Then I watched some UFC re-runs but they were reruns I had already seen so I just turned off the tube.  Maybe I will walk the dogs.  It is 29.2 at 8pm....
I finally got word from Pearson Airport that they have yet to uncover my laptop!  3 whole days and that is the best they can say..??   Grrrr
The word is that there will soon be TOTAL lockdown here.  We definitely have to go into town and do a couple of things like re-activate my phone and my health insurance.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 
Primping in the tree

He looks plump up there

Pretty fan tail (Tyrian Metaltail)

He slims down at the feeder






I just love Grigi's colours

Princesa is on mouse patrol










Saffron Finch









Oh, crap...