Monday, March 16, 2020

Monday, March 16, 2020 Trip Cancelled



SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  IS working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/


Monday, March 16, 2020
I was up around 9:30 and was in contact with my daughter about traveling west.  After careful consideration of rapidly unfolding events we could see that the possibility of my flights being cancelled, altered, etc may leave me stranded somewhere indefinitely.  People also seemed reluctant to welcome travelers because of this virus scare.  I also would run a greater risk of contracting it myself, then, of course, passing it on to dear friends and family...
So,.. I was able to contact WestJet and cancel all my western Canadian flights in about 10 minutes.. That was amazing.  The only flyin this ointment is that the money appears to be being held as flight credits only good for a year...???  I will tackle that scenario another day..
I then tried to reach Cheap-O-Air to change my flight home from Toronto from May 13th to the earliest possible date.  I appeared to be on a chat line with them, #99 in line, but it did not update, then disappeared after about 2 hours of waiting.  About noon I got onto their proper Chat line, #1284 in line, and am still waiting at 7:30pm, #157 in line.......  I also emailed a couple other places on their site so I hope to have some resolution soon.
This trip has been awaited for over 4 years, arranged for over 4 months, and it was mostly for nought.  I am having a delightful visit with my sister Yvette and hubby Lou but I have had to satisfy myself with talking to my other brothers and sister by phone, which was a pleasure which I would have better enjoyed in person.
So, I am very sad today to have a ruined trip that will be financially difficult to replicate later.  At least I hope to get home quickly to be with Cristina and the
hounds.  Colombia is only allowing residents to return to the country, probably with a 14-day self-quarantine, so I hope the airlines can fill a plane with residents returning......  What a bloody mess.
No pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******