Friday, March 20, 2020

Friday, March 20, 2020 Backyard Testing


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  IS working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday, March 20, 2020
Nice alliteration....
I walked the dogs on empty streets this morning.  I feel safe and am in the house the rest of the day.  Walking the dogs at night is not fun, too many people sitting on the sidewalks and their dogs running loose, bugging our dogs who are under control.
Got our investment report this morning and it is bleeding red ink.  Not good at all.  I hope everyone ignores the Americans and does their own cures because, with the moron Trump at the helm, they will be the last to come out of this, just what the Chinese intended...
Later in the morning it rained and cooled everything down nicely.  I filled the 3 hummingbird feeders and trimmed some plants.  The lawn needs cutting.  It actually looks like long grass for a change... not all weeds.  
There was bird action out back so I grabbed the Nikon and the new lens.  It was a blustery grey day so it is not a great test but a test nonetheless.  I was startled when all the birds suddenly scattered but the arrival of a Roadside Hawk explained that quickly.  I think he went next door for a chicken meal, I am not sure, but he did come back later and the only bird to stay fearlessly was Tom Thumb...  The hawk would never be able to catch him, and he knows it.
I got some decent shots and be sure to view "That darn Cat".  I must have scared the pee out of her to get her attention, lol.  The jury is still out as it only appears marginally better than the Tamron on the Canon.  Almost all shots are taken at full zoom so some latitude must be allowed.  I will give it another test on a nice sunny day.
Claudia and Daniel came by with an ailing dog from the park and gave it a bath.  I feel so sorry for all those dogs.  Thank God for these guardian angels who look after them.
 With no sports TV is sure boring.  I may have to bite the bullet and watch every one of my DVD's in some order, maybe alphabetical...
Still no word from Cheap-O-Air, Pearson Airport, or WestJet...  Chatr said sorry, no refunds...  And these people want us to continue to deal with them....
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.



 
Laptop details.  Still waiting for Lost+Found call.

Our jungle needs cutting

Tiny flowers zoomed in

Hibiscus

Lovely rosebud

Another rosebud, same plant
Bougainvillea



Sunflowers growing

Plantains surviving

Turi, Grigi, Nina ad Killer

Roadside Hawk has tree to himself
Ibis flies over, squawking

The hawk watches

Hmmm, chicken noises next door

A crow drops in

Mr Vermilion Flycatcher

That Darn Cat, surprised
Mr VF again

Mr VF is gorgeous

Saffron Finch returns

Another tiny flower hanging on a spider line

He's back again

I have the tree to myself again
No you don't!

Tom is well above you

Ground Dove

Saffron Finch

Tom Thumb grooming

Getting ready for another feeding
The red one leaks... drat!

2 Saffron Finches

Zorra is still here being nursed to health

Hibiscus again

Our princesa

Tom Thumb comes to perform for me











Princesa from the Animal Park