Sunday, March 8, 2020

Sunday, March 8, 2020 Women's day


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  IS working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday, March 8, 2020  Updated
Happy International Women's Day.

Yesterday was the day we lost Dad 36 years ago and every day there is something that makes us think of him, always fondly.  Love you and miss you terribly Dad.
Yesterday we began stocking up on things for when I am gone.  The first was dog food...  Then we went into Tulua and got another 9 meters of that cloth so recover the cheap living room set.  Our dogs are good domestically, but 9 dogs do take a toll on furniture so getting an expensive set was always on the back burner.  I also bought some foam to repair the footrest of my recliner.  With the new cover, I just had to cut it to form and place it underneath.
Then we had a glorious afternoon rain causing me to open the garage door wide and change the air to cool the house.  It didn't take long to drop from around 32C to 26C.  What a comfortable relief.

Today, I contacted Pedro, the upholsterer, that we had the extra cloth, so he came by this morning and measured.  I asked him if it could be ready by Tuesday evening, before I leave, and he said yes.  He wants under $20 USD to do the work...
Not that I felt like it, but I did begin packing clothes for the trip.  Choosing a jacket for the March-May climate in Canada was tricky but I finally chose a light Aztec-design cloth jacket to go with all the long-sleeve sweaters and sweatshirts I am taking.  Shoes are still a question mark.  I also got into sorting my toiletry bag and getting that organized.  That is ongoing.
We went into LA14 and got some more supplies for Cristina and I got another bottle of Melatonin to help me sleep.  I hate having to take pills to sleep but they are a necessity.  Being overtired at this age is no fun.
We came back and I am trying to use up foods specific to me in the house, like pork sausages that had virtually no fat and were very close to ham sausage.  They were a delight.
My mind is still on overdrive about preparation.  I am so anxious to try the new 18-300 lens waiting for me in Canada for my Nikon.
The girls have actually advertised to find an open-hearted adopter for Killer.  I am not sure if they know if he will ever walk again.  He is another fighter that deserves a chance but needs someone strong, with a good heart to work with him.  For months now it has been mostly Cristina and Claudia.

UPDATED:  I suppose it has to do with International Women's Day that we had a short parade a few moments ago down our street of all lovely women on the gorgeous Paso Fino horses, with their hooves just beating a tattoo into our hearts.  Gotta love Colombia.  Photos below are all taken under the streetlight only, no flash, I think 3200 ASA.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Our cheap but comfy living set is hardly used

Recovering it all to match the room

They are apart for measurement porposes

Some of the best sausages I have found in S.A.

Killer seems to enjoy it better outside
Intl Women's Day in Colombia

Lovely ladies

on gorgeous Paso Fino horses

The horses' feet are blurry because they are in constant motion

This is right outside my door

The horses are magnificent

A lot of proud ladies on horseback

A short parade.  Wish there was more of them

I had no time to prepare

Shooting and hoping for the best

Streetlight only.  No flash.

Gathering at the end of the block


Love those horses





Wetting the whistle

The horses are so well trained.

The last girl stopped to pose.