Thursday, March 19, 2020

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 Return


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  IS working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
THANK YOU Yvette and Lou for your fabulous hospitality.  We also appreciated the welcome to stay there until May if I was stranded!
We were up at 4:20am to be ready to leave at 5am to be at Toronto's Pearson Airport by 6:30.  We made it there with lots of time to spare.  There was almost no-one around, the Covid-19 scare having its effect.
I went through security and somehow was not given the return of my laptop!  And, I was still too asleep to catch on.  Did they chase me down, even though I was the ONLY passenger to go through there for 10 minutes...  NO!  I am not impressed with Canadian Border Security!  Now I have to hope that they put it in lost and found and that my sister is able to retrieve it easily.  It is a long drive for them so I am really upset at this turn of events.  I just found a contact for lost and found there so I have filed a report.
It was neat that the flight took off and circled over downtown Toronto so I could get a few shots of the CN Tower albeit in poor lighting conditions.
The Copa flight was almost empty because of this damned virus scare.  They did feed us a ravioli meal that looked a few days old.  The macaroni on the side was still frozen, but... I like Copa.  Their staff is always friendly.
We flew along the east coast, over Cuba, and into Panama City which was stifling hot.  Luckily the terminal is air-conditioned.  Surprisingly there was no further security nor Covid-19 screening of any kind.
The next flight to Cali left on time, we were served a soggy chicken and cheese sandwich, and we arrived early by 10 minutes.  We were met in the terminal by a screening team who shone a UV light on our foreheads and we had to fill out the standard Covid-19 form about stopovers, symptoms, and contacts.  Then we breezed right through without even a bag check.
Cristina and Miguel were waiting for me with my car and we headed back.  I let Miguel continue to drive.
Our dogs were so excited to see me that we took 6 of them for a walk right away.
I didn't get much sleep so I am up early to send this Blog before walking the dogs.
I hope you enjoy the pictures (No captions).  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.