Sunday, April 7, 2019

Sunday April 7, 2019 Fishing


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday April 7, 2019
Saturday morning we were without water again for a long period of time.  It is time to complain for sure. 
The neighbours had a loud all-nite card party ouside their front door until past 9am.  It still boggles the mind how utterly inconsiderate Latinos are in almost everything.
Then both my external hard drives would not be picked up by Windows and I had the dreaded thought of losing all my photos, and hours upon hours of work.  I finally had to uninstall and reinstall them.  Then they seemed to be working like new.  My sigh of relief could be heard throughout the land.
I invited David over and tried to hook up my laptop to the new TV with VGA cables since the laptop has no HDMI ports.  In theory it should have worked but the resulting picture was pitiful.  Back to the drawing board on that score.
Then I watched the final chapter 12 of War and Remembrance.  Such a great series to follow The Winds Of War, and all are on YouTube.

This morning I was rushing to be at Miguel's for 9am.  I needn't have hurried, because like all Latinos, he is never on time.  When we did get organized and out of the house we were headed to a couple of stocked ponds on the other side of the city near the airport.  
We fished for 3 hours and each caught a nice Tilapia and I got to keep both for $3.  Nobody else was having any spectacular luck either.  We both caught our Tilapias using a plain hook, line and sinker with an earthworm impaled....  I had to try one of the lures I had bought as well but it did not bring me any luck.
Today is one of the 2 days per year when the sun passes directly over us on its way to the Tropic Of Capricorn.  Depending on where you look it up, our coordinates are 4° 10' 27" N / 76° 10' 13" W. 
This means we have the least shadow possible than at any other time.  I was actually ready with a camera to record this event right at noon.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Miguel supplied the fishing gear and set me up

This is the small "lake" containing the Tilapia

Some people were fishing in the other small lake too

Miguel is trying his luck

I struck first

Not much of a challenge here

Miguel caught the smaller on shortly after

I got to keep both of them

Non-shadow at noon today.  A twice-yearly event.