Friday, April 12, 2019

Friday April 12, 2019 Pereira


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday April 12, 2019
David and I had been planning a getaway, just to get out of the house, for days now so off we went to Pereira, up north, with Cristina in tow.  It was a mostly smoky/foggy day from sugar cane field fires so the photography was not great.  I could have taken hundreds of photos of idiots on the road being idiots, but that gets tiresome real quick.  
David drove us up in his lovely roomy KIA with the automatic transmission and we decided to head for PriceSmart (Costco) since we were in the area anyway.  I had purchased a medium-sized styrofoam cooler a couple of days ago for $5 following the lead of our friend Tom in Manizales.  We bought some meat (smokies and fish) while David got steaks and pork chops and sausages.  We go into the cafeteria after the checkout and add ice to the cooler to keep the meat fresh until we get home.  Boy, did that ever work really well.  The nice thing about shopping there, is of course, getting family-sized or bulk purchases of quality essentials, many imported, like cinnamon rolls, Kraft mayo and mustard.  Our biggest purchase was a personal weigh scale.  We only spent $70 but got stuff that is really hard to find here.
Then David, bless his soul, took us across town to a favourite restaurant of his for a fabulous feast.  By then we were so hungry that we completely forgot to take pictures of the fabulous salad and 3-meat dinner.  As a consolation, I do have a photo of the terrific lemonade I had.  I know how much you all like food shots.
David asked me to drive back, which I happily did, and thoroughly enjoyed the trip without having to shift gears every 10 feet.  The little wider and longer car is such a dream on the road.  I took a lot of pictures with the horn of the aforementioned idiots...
Our doggies were very happy to see us back home and it wasn't long before Cristina went out to feed and medicate Zeus again.  If I understood her correctly, that mission of mercy should close tomorrow.
Our grass is getting really long in the back yard and the car is really dirty.  I guess we will have to do something soon about those things.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

A delightful tree-lined highway almost all the way

Police and military checkpoints looking for drugs

A bird near a gas station

The day got nicer as we got near Cartago

Idiots in wrong lanes, or riding tandem, all illegal

Restaurant is on the bottom floor.  Note 1/2 the cars are taxis.

We sat inside on a cool day

Yummy fresh lemonade