Sunday, April 14, 2019

Sunday April 14, 2019 Racing


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday April 14, 2019
I put aside my work this morning to watch Formula 1 qualifying at 7am.  After finishing my chores, a nap was in order.
Then I was at David's by 10:30 to watch the actual Formula 1 race.  Sadly my favourite did not make the podium, coming in 5th, but my second favourite came in 1st, with his teammate for Mercedes second.  My favourite's teammate was 3rd for Ferrari.  There is even a Canadian team to root for but they were far off the pace.
Then we watched a little Moto2 racing before the main event of the Moto GP began.  There is a 40-year-old favourite, Rossi, nicknamed "The Doctor" who has a huge following, even among my old bike group in Ecuador.  With 2 of the leaders fortuitously crashing (one was my favourite of the day while leading) Rossi suddenly found himself alone out front.  But a clever kid on a faster bike overtook him with 4 laps to go.  That was a very interesting race to watch and to apply much of the knowledge gained listening to Wolf and David.  I am really getting into the actual racing but haven't gained much appreciation for qualifing against the clock yet.  It is important, just not very exciting to me.
I took Cristina over to see Zeus and Achilles and both dogs are doing well.  It is really too bad that their black friend did not recover as well.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK

2 Mercedes drivers get the lead and hold it

Lap 31 had the same top 9 as at the finish

Pit stops jumbled the standings for a bit

Lewis Hamilton of England cruising to the win

Lots of sponsorship for this expensive sport

Lewis Hamilton is a class act and a good driver

He was last year's overall winner and looks to repeat this year

Moto2 is very exciting as well

Leaning hard and praying the rubber will hold

MotoGP's Rossi "The Doctor", the perrennial favourite.

Great action at the first corner.  Smart guys get inside.

You can see that the track is bumpy

Rossi gets to lead because of crashed to Marquez and Cruthlow

Marquez taking his big slide
He bounced up from hitting something on the track

End of the day for my favourite..

Alex Rins took the lead with 4 laps to go

Rins is holding off a late charge from Rossi

No more room for Rossi to overtake Rins

Alex Rins shows off at the finish line

Another fave of mine came in 4th

But my 2nd favourite is leading the standings!

Replay of the Marquez crash that changed everything

Hopes dashed in Austin, Texas

No points today for Marquez

Don't try this at home.  76% lean angle = Incredible!

The winning team is overjoyed.

Achilles and Zeus are almost back to normal..