Sunday, April 21, 2019

Sunday April 21, 2019 Easter


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday April 21, 2019
Happy Easter everyone.
Yesterday I visited with David and watched a NetFlix documentary on amazing Brazilian Formula 1 driver Ayrton Senna and that was an eye-opener again to the politics of the sport.  Senna was on his way to being the best driver of all-time when he crashed and died at age 34.  He certainly gave his best in every race and suffered with the stress involved in staying on top.
We are having rain every day and had another big storm Saturday night.  We still have a small leak in the lavanderia roof but had no problems in the living room which was a relief.  Maybe the wind and the angle of the rain has a lot to do with it.
This morning I was up early to check how wet it was outside when I actually saw a bat cruising the yard back and forth.  I know they are there, the evidence is indiputable.  Trying to get photos of a bat in the early morning light could be challenging but I just might try.
Our little lake in the back yard won't go away yet because the ground is so saturated.
It was dry enough to walk the dogs this morning, which is good, because we all need the exercise.
Zeus 2 is recovering but we got him some injections this morning to help with blood around his mouth because of the way he jaws constantly like an old man, banging his big lower canines into his upper jaw.  But he is getting stronger every day and is sure determined to keep us rodent-free.
Cristina invited Omaira and Jhorman to a horror movie at La Herradura so I called David to meet us.  I have no interest in a movie in Spanish, and especially not a horror movie, so david kept me company and we had a couple of pops at a bar and watched some UFC on Fox2.  That helped pass the time for me.
After the movie the gals, Jhorman and I went for banana splits at $2 each.  That wasn't hard to take.
We dropped off Omaira and son and picked up a bamboo screen to use on our back patio to keep the sun off our bedroom corner.  This is bigger than the one we have now so I'll have to figure out how to install both to be effective.
We made a brief stop at the cemetery where we haven't had to water the plants for a long time now.  Hey, I don't mind the rain..  It cools things down and keeps the dust down on the street.  The only downside is when the dogs are forced to stay on the patio or in the house (and accidents happen).
Gilma had some dog food for us so we had a brief visi there too.
Time for my big salad...
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK

Soon we will have to give our lake a name..  Suggestions?

Our old man Zeus2 is getting better every day

The barmaids liked these 2 old gringos

We had a good time watching UFC

Ordering our banana splits

$2 each, such a steal
It was a very enjoyable day