Monday, April 15, 2019

Monday April 15, 2019 Hawk


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday April 15, 2019
I could not walk the dogs this morning because it was raining so I did my chores early.
All-of-a-sudden I hear these birds making a racket in the back like BlueJays so I rushed to look to see if those blue birds were back.  I see that the yard is devoid of birds except these two small birds kicking up the racket..  I walked a little further until I could see the reason for the commotion sitting on our left wall.  I looked it up later and it was a Roadside Hawk, and a good-sized one too.  I could see the rabbits keeping out of sight in the hutch as well.  Even the dogs did not want to leave the patio.
I ran inside quickly for the Lumix and luckily he had not moved.  I got a few good shots from there, then he flew off to the right before he came back again a little further down the wall.  I was straining the limits of the 30x zoom on the Lumix to get these shots.  Then he flew across again into the tree outside our right rear corner.  
I like hawks.  He can come and get all the mice he wants here as long as he doesn't touch our birds, bunnies or dogs.
Cristina cooked up some trout fillets that we picked up at PriceSmart the other day for $5, half-price.  There is enough there for another meal tomorrow!  It is a good thing that food is cheap here.
We zipped in to LA14 for our vegetables and only a few items and came back.
Cristina went out with Claudi and Sara to feed Zeus and Achilles and popped back for a second.  She had barely left when someone was calling at the door.  This woman said she was another Auntie of Cristina's (there was a resemblance) and I was just getting my phone to call Cristina whan she happened to come by again, so she did get to talk to her long-lost relative.  She thinks her name was Irma.  Then she was gone again for another hour.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK