Saturday, April 13, 2019

Saturday April 13, 2019 Buga


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday April 13, 2019
Cristina was home late last night from attending to Zeus because they were trying to now help the black dog from that same family as it was really suffering.  There are 3 dogs at that one place and they have all been really sick,.... Something smells rotten here, and I think it is poison... although Cristina does not agree with me. 
Cristina was determined to go visit her Uncle Raimundo today who is in hospital in Buga at the Clinica Del Rio.  Apparently he is not getting any visitors so we dropped by to pick up Adiela and Ana Julia but then Ana Julia begged off.  The clinic only allows one person at a time so each gal spent almost an hour with him.  I amused myself outside in the oppressive muggy heat.
I had brought the Sony A100 along because it was a bit of a dreary day, threatening rain, and it shoots the best in low light.  I took a few shots and the battery died..  I had marked one of the 2 batteries as being "bad" and I think that I marked the wrong one...  These batteries are old and unreliable but I always bring along at least one spare.  So I took a few shots with the Lumix as well, especially the panoramas, because that is where that camera shines.
Across the street from the Clinic is the sprawling Hotel Guadalajara which is striking for its magnificent grounds with mature trees.  It covers at least 2 square blocks and has a park on either side, and the river behind it.  It seems pretty ritzy, and expensive, judging from the white shirt - black tie that all the staff were wearing.
The Bolivar Park to its left has one of the nicest statues I have ever seen of The Liberator.
Then I wandered over to the Basilica Del Senor De Los Milagros (Basilica of the Lord of the Miracles) a couple of blocks north.  This is another sprawling place that is one of the very few obviously rich churches in this poor country.  There were many places inside and outside to help people part company with their paycheques.  It was really busy inside so I didn't hang around.  Out front they were setting up a large music stage, ruining any good photography attempts.
At the corner to the east of the clinic is a huge, very old tree.  It might be older than Canada...  You can see in the picture that my white car to the left could easily fit inside it!
On the drive back, in a pounding thunderstorm, (got my car washed for free) Cristina was in touch with Claudia and the vet.  I listened to recording of the laboured breathing and cries of this poor black dog.  The humane decision was made to end the poor thing's suffering.
We stopped at Gilma's for dog food and I got soaked just going from my driver's door to the sidewalk, and back...  So, I got a free bath too.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Beautiful tree on the Hotel Guadalajara grounds

The Clinica del Rio holding Uncle Raimundo

Don't know how I missed this last time

About 65c to walk to the top

I passed on the climb..

Must be a nice view from up there

Nowhere near an ocean...

 
I think this is the same tree, from a different angle

An outside wall mural on the Basilica

Basilica del Senor de los Milagros 1

Basilica del Senor de los Milagros 2

Basilica del Senor de los Milagros 3

Basilica del Senor de los Milagros 4

Basilica del Senor de los Milagros 5

 
Basilica del Senor de los Milagros 6

Basilica del Senor de los Milagros 7

Part of a religious items store across the street

Do you see my car to the left of this monster tree?

2 of 4 parrots that flew to the top of that big tree

Simon Bolivar - great statue

Business end of Hotel Guadalajara

Our boy Simon

They call this Liberty Bridge

Hotel Guadalajara, shot from Parque Bolivar

Hotel Guadalajara, shot from the entrance gate

Hotel Guadalajara covers a huge area, shot from the Clinic