Monday, April 8, 2019

Monday April , 2019 Infamy


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday April , 2019
As I have been watching more than my share of WWII movies and documentaries of late, I am going to borrow FDR's "a date which will live in infamy" to describe today...   This is another of those days where staying in bed would have been the better choice.
I was up early as usual and after walking the dogs ascertained that my "no sound" problem with the new TV appears to emanate from the Movistar decoder, so we called in for a service check.  We bought it Thursday and Saturday the sound just quit, out of the blue when David was here. 
I took Cristina to medicate and feed Zeus and the big guy is doing much much better, walking almost normally.  I took a couple of photos, more on that later.  On the way, I too some photos of the kids amusement park set up behind us.  The Lumix was balking and saying to re-insert the memory card, over and over.  Finally I managed to take about 3 shots,.. I thought.
I took down all 3 hummingbird feeders and cleaned them thoroughly, fixing the broken red one which was coming apart.  I am waiting for the silicone to dry really well before filling them and re-installing.
Then I moved the wonky shelf in the living room to an area where the floor was flat.  The corner had a bulge in the floor and the shelf was really wobbly.
I researched online how to get rid of a very annoying pop-up for a program I had deleted days ago.  They suggested installing this malware program, etc so I did.  They are all scams to get you to pay for better service.  I ran the program, but the pop-up remains, so the malware program has been deleted as well.
Surprise, surpise, but after lunch the service guys for Movistar for this area came by.  They confirmed everything I had done, checked the configurations, and still no sound.  They tried a new HDMI cable and even a new decoder box, and still no sound.  They tested them on the TV in the next room, where they all worked...  Cristina has sound.  So, they have determined that it is a warranty problem with faulty HDMI hookups or configuration in the new TV itself...  Darn!
We try to contact the retailer, Exito, without success, despite finally getting someone in their chat room.  We asked them to call us instead because their switchboard is saying they are not answering...  Still waiting...  We tried the national help number and they aren't answering either.
Since it was an actual Hyundai rep who was there and helped with the purchase, I contacted Hyundai via a service request online.  They have acknowledged receipt but I am still waiting for a response from them too.
Chances are we will have to pack up the TV and bring it back.  I have asked them to please send a rep here to investigate and fix the problem.  Somehow I am not too optimistic...
A big thunderstorm is hitting us right now, stranding Cristina and Claudia with Zeus for a bit.  The electricity has blipped out 4 times for 1/2 second at a time, just enough to shut down the computer every time.
I tried to download the photos and my computer would not recognize the memory cards, then would not recognize the card reader either.  I put the cards in the camera and the photos are gone, disappeared...  Just the culmination of a glorious day in Latin America.
No pictures.  I did try....  That was the day’s excitement.
Al