Thursday, April 4, 2019

Thursday April 4, 2019 Entertainment


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday April 4, 2019
Happy 117th Birthday Dad.  You are missed!
I walked the dogs, showered, etc and we were off to collect the Mama dog which I call Mamacita (little Mom) at the dog park to go get her sterilized at the vet.  We are there at 7am... no vet...  He doesn't show until 8:30.  We are first in line, had an appointment, and Cristina assured me that the operation is 1/2 hour and we'll be gone.  Wrong!  It is very busy, come back at 3pm.  GRRRRR.
So we go to La Herradura to the Exito department store looking for a stereo like I had in Cuenca that had a radio, bluetooth, accepted memory, etc and would play my Canadian DVD's.  We finally found a very reasonable machine called SIMPLY (made by Hyundai also) for $100, with all kinds of pretty blue lights, but had a heckuva time getting someone who actually wanted to sell it!  I had even brought a Canadian DVD to test with, all they had to do was hook up their demo to a TV... simple, right??  They fiddle-faddled for an hour and I finally had to speak to the manager before we got any serious action.  In the meantime we started looking at smart TV's and there was a good sale on a Hyundai (yes, Hyundai) 49" for $400, so they took the actual items and hooked them up, and they actually worked together, so the deal was cemented.
We took these home around noon and I unhooked the old LG TV that was causing Cristina problems, and the cheap LG DVD player that wouldn't play Canadian DVD's, for passing on to a niece who has no TV.  I moved my old nice Hyundai TV and DVD player into Cristina's TV room.
In the living room we began to set up the new configuration and I experimented with a few things.  Now, I have never had a smart TV before (this one does not have the spy camera) so setting it up is proving to be interesting.  I finally found that the HOME button that I had been ignoring actually put me where I needed to be to hook up to my wi-fi.  I did that and downloaded YouTube before we had to go back to get the dog.
We get to the vet's and, you guessed it, the operation was just beginning..  GRRR...  So we went and got a few sundries at LA14 and came back.  Poor Mamacita was out like a light and was quite crudely shoved into our carrier.  We brought her back to the dog park where Cristina stayed to wait for Marino and Claudia to look after it.
Now, to play with the new toy and see if I can watch War and Remebrance on YouTube on the big screen...
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Mamacita was a good passenger

She is getting accustomed to the leash

A really sweet dog that needs love

Hopefully she will get adopted soon

The floor model of our new 49" Hyundai

Simply a neat little system for $100

The unit and the speakers have blue lighting