Friday, September 1, 2023

Friday September 1, 2023 Equinox

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday September 1, 2023

Tuesday, I met my daughter to gather my mail because I had a letter from Service Canada sent on the 15th that I just found out about, via my local MP's office.  And I have only 30 days to respond with marriage documentation and proof of entry into Canada....

While waiting at Westmount Safeway, I ran into old friend Bev by coincidence.  Chance meetings are always so enjoyable.

Then I continued motoring to see my friend Tony up in the northwest as he is an accounting whiz, but he refused to help authenticate my documents because I could not guarantee they were originals, (which were mostly left with my wfie Cristina as I had felt that was the prudent thing to do...)   I also wanted to correct my problems signing into both CRA and Service Canada online, but we did not solve that hurdle either.

I helped my friend Bob purchase a 2013 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD SUV cheaply from another resident with COPD so bad that he can no longer drive.  Bob can't drive either, so I became the chauffer, and the provider of the sale paperwork.

Wednesday morning I was planning to try to go to the Service Canada office downtown, but I was not at my best with worry about the acceptability of the documents I have,... and if I screwed that up, I would never get my GIS because of the documental red tape.

Thursday, I again avoided going to Service Canada as I need someone in specified professions (accountant, minister, MP, etc) to certify my marriage and arrival documents.  I thought my friend Brenda might fit in one or more categories, but those were all long ago...  So I wrote again to the MP's office to ask for an appointment.  This was weighing so heavily on me that I was almost in tears with depression.

Bob had spent a ridiculous $350 at Bubbles Car Wash for a crappy cleaning job on the 2013 Chevy Equinox SUV that he had purchased.  They didn't even clean the headliner or the motor.  Luckily the motor was just mostly dust and we did a quick spray wash to clean it.

Today, we drove the Equinox with mechanic friend Bernie on-board to try to discover the source of a clunking noise when driving on rough road.  No such luck.  We went to Walmart to get a Bissell upholstery machine so Bob can get Bernie to clean the headliner in exchange for car accessories.  We had a quick coffee and donut at Tim Horton's before going to Fountain Tire close to our home where they were able to keep the Equinox to do proper vehicle inspection which will be critical to sell a 10-year-old vehicle.  It passed everything except it needed an oil change and a licence plate lightbulb...

I did a quick pass by Whyte Avenue tonight but it was pretty quiet, except for a Caribbean Festival of some sort nearby where they want $15 a day or $30 for the weekend.

I heard back from the MP's office, but nothing about an appointment... Grrrr  Now I will have to wait past Tuesday....   Grrrrrr

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

2013 Chevy Equinox LT All-Wheel Drive

In decent shape

If anyone is interested....

I could get you a very good price

Many unusual people on Whyte Avenue

Nice murals in the area




Caribbean performer

Birthday girl