Saturday, September 16, 2023

Saturday September 16, 2023 Whyte

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Saturday September 16, 2023

Taking a sleep aid, Melatonin upped to 5mg dose, seems like a waste of time to get maybe 5 hours of sleep.... Sheesh...  Then I need naps during the day just to function!  Thank goodness for some weekend sports on the tube....

So I was up at 5:30am doing chores, a little house cleaning, giving myself a pedicure, etc.

There was a Club 50+ (French) event in the southeast corner of Sherwood Park today, with entertainment and crafts from 3-6pm, 21 kms away, so I didn't dare test the Gio that far.  If Ghyslaine had been available to go, I would have tagged along.

The Toronto Blue Jays continue to play poorly but are again managing to win just enough to remain in the hunt for a playoff spot.  However, we have little confidence in them going far in the playoffs as there record against the top teams is dismal.   Their bats are too quiet lately and their base-running is pitiful.

As it was, Bob and I left at 5:30pm for the Whyte Avenue Photos gig, in the very smoky air.  There were a fair amount of people outside regardless, because the temperature was still comfortable.

A waitress at the Commercial had asked last night if we expected to be around there Saturday and Sunday like usual and seemed quite pleased when we replied in the affirmative.  I should have asked why...???  

We watched 3 bands play today and one was extra good (Funkafeelya) because of the female lead singer who also played saxophone, bongos and more, plus she had an amazing voice and great stage presence.  Plus they played some pretty good songs.

We left around 8pm to go munch at A&W.  I had meant to talk to that waitress at the Commercial who had showed up just before we left, but she went inside and then I forgot....  The joys of getting old....  Hopefully she will be there tomorrow afternoon.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


A very smoky day again today



The Threads

Iconic Jam inside is noisy



Funkafeelya

One has a Birthday today

A Brazilian healer

Lead singer was great!