Thursday, September 21, 2023

Thursday September 21, 2023 Gios

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Thursday September 21, 2023

 Happy Fall Solstice evenyone!

It actually got down to 2C overnight and I had the heat on most of the night because I was frozen from my trip to Gateway Motorsports yesterday.  So, today, I waited until it was at least 14C at 1pm, dressed extra warmly, and went back there again.  I actually had to shed my outside jacket on arrival because the sun was nice and warm.

When the fully enclosed Gio "Golf" was not outside out front like yesterday, I figured something was up....  Sure, enough, they had discovered that the batteries were faulty, so it was sitting outside, in the back, with the keys in it.

So I gave it another good look to see if it was workable for my needs...  Firstly, I wanted to see if the seat rails could be adjusted further back, and the answer was no... so the legroom was still awkward and cramped.  Next I looked for simple amenities that should be in any vehicle design, such as cup holders, auxilliary plug, cubby hole, ways to restrain cargo, garment hooks,.. anything..... but no....  I had to come to the conclusion that this was a very poorly designed vehicle that would need some work to be properly usable....  Also, the view to the mirrors wasn't through nice glass, and the door handles are stupidly behind the shoulders.  The larger size of the vehicle would cause problems on some narrow paths and sidewalks too, even for my parking....  so, regretfully, but maybe not, I will stick with my Gio Element and rely on good clothing instead over the winter.  Better the devil you know and love.

I stopped at another Antique Mall that I just happened to spot and browsed for a long time inside.  Most things were pricey as befits "antique" designations, but I didn't find the small licence plates I was looking for.

I then went to the huge United Cycle and Sports Shop and came out with a balaclava and some Toronto Raptors slippers....  They wanted $36 for a simple plastic bottle holder, so I came home just repaired the one I had made with an Oilers cup....

My friend Don is shunning TV and internet but he enjoys coming down to watch baseball and movies, so I am sure to see him tonight.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Outside this Antique Mall

And a ton more stuff inside.

It turned out to be a very nice day!