Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Wednesday September 13, 2023 Retired

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday September 13, 2023

Monday, I headed to Whyte Avenue alone to check if the Goodwill store had their winter gear on display yet.  Nope... they said to try again Wednesday when they will start putting winter stuff out....

So I went to the No Frills (Loblaws/Superstore) nearby to try grocery shopping there, mostly for my salad kits, but was a tad disappointed in the "best-before" dates, only one for the 20th, and the rest 15-17 September....  But I did find some other good stuff and they were just a hair cheaper than Save-On.  I will probably try them again soon.

The French organization FAFA has a new Director who contacted me as a result of my encounter with Auxanne on Whyte Ave on Sunday.  The new Director Pasmi has asked me to volunteer to take photos for 3 days of events 28-30 Sept, for which I get free entry to all ($100 value).   You know that I said Yes....

Tuesday morning, I was up early, and the laundry room was not busy, so I hurriedly did a large load of wash and dry, finishing before 8am!

While waiting for the Conn Iggulden book that I need to read in order, I started into the bag of books left to me by Don.  I picked a Robert Ludlum spy novel that I have no doubt read many years ago, The Prometheus Deception.  Gotta love good authors that can rivet your attention for days....  Especially when the Tube is so boring....

My friend Bob has been suffering from a cold, so I did a drug store run for him.  These drugs knock him out good to sleep, and he has improved a lot.

Today, I awoke at my usual 3:26am (why always the same time???) and got up at 4:30am.  After chores I had a quick nap then cleaned up to go out, just missing a short rain.

Mondays and Wednesdays A&W have the Big Canadian Breakfast at 1/2 price for seniors so I indulged myself as it is perfectly located kitty-corner from my next stop...

I went back to Goodwill for their 10am opening, looking for ski pants to ride the Gio in winter, and some warm winter boots.  I did find the heavy rubber boots with the big felt inserts that fit perfectly.

After I dropped that off at home, I continued north to the St Vincent de Paul clothing center which is only open 4 days a week, 10-12.  Every 60 days people can come for a restricted amount of free clothing.  I wasn't looking for free stuff, but found 2 pairs of mitts, cheap reading glasses, and this sign:

This says it ALL


They had 1 pair of ski pants but only size M....  So I left them with a generous donation to help them with their good work.

Now, I need another nap...

I hope you enjoy the picture.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.