Saturday, September 9, 2023

Friday September 8, 2023 Whyte

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday September 8, 2023

I caught some badly needed rest today and whiled away the time until Bob and I went on the Gios to my Whyte Avenue Photos gig.  It was a nice 21C and the people were out to enjoy the evening.  With the return of the University students, the walking traffic is back again somewhat.

We ended up getting in to listen to the band at Blues On Whyte at the Commercial Hotel before they started charging the cover charge.  When I order "2 and a juice" now, I get blank looks...  Nobody seems to remember that that means 2 draft and a tomato juice, althought they use clamato juice now.

The band was local, called the Commandeers, and they were very good, playing a lot of Classic Rock to our enjoyment.

We stuffed our faces at McDonald's on the way home....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Pride Corner




The Commercial Hotel

Princess Theatre





See the dog?



My 2 and a juice, with Bob's Corona

The Commandeers




Not much room to dance, so I don't...