Thursday, September 28, 2023

Thursday September 28, 2023 FAFA

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Thursday September 28, 2023

Tuesday was a recharge day with a long 3-hour nap.  Watching the Blue Jays lose was painful...

Wednesday we began to watch curling again, yippee!  The Blue Jays lost again badly....  It is a good thing that I was able to read, finishing a Robert Ludlum novel before getting back to another good Conn Iggulden book, Dunstan! 

This morning, I got twigged by my sister-in-law that I had a new DNA info on my Ancestry site:

Not surprising changes....

After running across ancestors with distinctive English names plus an ancestor that was a royal guard for English King Edward III, and reading history via Conn Iggulden's War Of The Roses series, it does not surprise me to find English roots and family branches in the Calais region!  The big Irish percentage still baffles us.

Today, I began a 3-day volunteer photography gig for FAFA, the French Alberta organization.  The day was only 12:30 to 5pm and I was mostly bored silly.  The next two days are longer, but include meals...  I am only showing you a few photos taken today, mostly of the principals.

I had not eaten lunch, and the macaroni in the fridge for a third meal was not enticing, so I stopped at A+W on the way home.  A teen burger and onion rings is the ticket for a hungry stomach.

I was exultant when I had gone to West Edmonton Mall on Monday and the gauge on the Gio indicated that I could probably go a second time on the same charge... so I did not plug it in.  It is good to let batteries go near dead before charging because they have limited recharge cycles.  But it is also a good thing that I never trust batteries.  I barely made it home from today's gig.........

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Charlotte, Pasmi & Auxane