Thursday, September 7, 2023

Thursday September 7, 2023 Success!

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday September 7, 2023

Wednesday, they began the actual paving of spots in the parking lot and driveway today, as well as washing the windows.  The age of the workmen was a bit of a surprise, everyone in their 60's, so doing excellent work...

I was called into the Manoir office to sign the annual adjustment for the rent, going up $2 a month, for TV and internet from Telus.  It so happenes that the said TV balked in the evening, and has yet to return despite repeated visits by the Manager and changing box and remote....  Darn Telus is always an ongoing problem with their fancy 5G network, but apparently the Shaw service before was no better....  Those guys are too big and care only to charge high prices, make big profits, and care little about their crappy service.....


This morning, I bit the bullet, after getting refused help from my local accountant and my Member of Parliament......  Since it had rained, it was only 8c, and wet, so I went directly on the LRT to the Service Canada office at Canada Place.  I was 22nd in line at 8:25am, but the efficiency at getting the line-up sorted and processed was nice to see.

Around 9am I got ushered in by a lovely lady named Devina who accepted my documentary evidence of marriage and of my re-entry to Canada without blinking, certifying the documents as required by the GIS office, and even acting as the Commissioner for Oaths.  She even managed to correct my name and address in all Government Departments so that was another huge load off my mind.  And, they also sent my documents via their own courier system rather than rely on Canada Post which was another pleasant and happy surprise for me.  The heavy burden that I had been carrying was finally lifted and I could breathe in confidence once more.  Now the only question is how they will treat my status as "married, but living apart due to circumstances beyond our control".  I do foresee them treating me as "separated", same as "single", which will no doubt raise my taxes and reduce my GIS, so they will probably barely balace out.   But THANK YOU Devina!!!!!  You were my angel today!

I stopped at the Library to exchange Conn Iggulden books before catching the LRT back home.

The window-washers managed to get around to our side of our wing today, and the fellow was helpful with the bird feeders, although I noticed after that he had almost destroyed my little phony flower pot outside which had failed to attract hummingbirds anyway.

The TV is still out.......

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Repair near the drain below my window

One to finish near the garage

Below the chapel

Below my window, different angle

Cute little packer and the Bobcat

Modern cutting machine

Window washer near the chapel

They scrabble like monkeys

Good and quick work though

This is my TV since last night, not reconnecting

My own windows getting cleaned