Friday, September 15, 2023

Thursday September 14, 2023 Ancestry

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday September 14, 2023

Wednesday evening I worked on a number of my Cuenca Kids photos for uploading at a later date....  I need to do more.

I actually got a lot accomplished today!

I managed to get into My Service Canada online account, even though it was not able to update the status of my GIS application.

Then I took the bull by the horns again (Thursdays seem to be good for me to fight bulls***) and called CRA (Revenue Canada) and got through quickly.  I had a delightful lady helping me again and she managed to correct my name, address and phone number.  She also confirmed that my status for income tax can remain as "Married" because of our situation, living apart due to circumstances beyond our control.  So that made me a happy camper.

Then, Ancestry.com had been sending me many emails lately that I had "hints" to view on my family tree.  They have improved their format quite a bit and I was able to add several more ancestors.  

There were two worth noting...  One was a Jeanne Langlois who was horribly described in French as a "Native Savage Algonquin", so that is at least one of, I suspect, several Metis connections for the family.  Since my DNA says that I am <1% Native...  The second was a French Royal Guard for the "English" King Henry III.  I found this fascinating, having just completed the Conn Iggulden series "War Of The Roses" which dealt in fictional style with that whole era...  That whole period had England ruling much of France until they were pushed back.  That explains many of the English-style names on our tree, and yet we are shown as 6% Irish, which I have yet to figure out....

That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.