Sunday, September 10, 2023

Sunday September 10, 2023 Sheepish

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday September 10, 2023

Getting a Whatsapp call at 3am from South Africa was not expected, nor was the news that my old buddy David from Tulua had been secretly married many years ago to someone I knew in Cuenca....  While the news was a shock, it went a long way to explain a lot of his unusual behaviour.

So, I slept in late, and Bob invited me to his place for BBQ'd ribs for lunch and they certainly did not disappoint!  We watched the Blue Jays for a while until deciding to each have a short nap before venturing to my Whyte Avenue Photos gig again today.  It was really nice, but breezy, and we enjoyed a couple of brews while singing along to Leo Martinez and a lovely local indigenous violinist.  I have a nice video as well, but it was much too large to upload here.

We left the Commercial Hotel at 5:30 because the Manoir was having a corn roast at 6pm and I had invited my daughter and son-in-law.  You can imagine my shock upon arrival when the BBQ had been already put away because the corn roast was actually held at 4pm and I had completely mis-read the notice when paying for the 3 of us yesterday...  So, I felt pretty sheepish over my huge mistake and was forced to eat a lot of humble pie instead....

Congrats to the Canadian Men's Basketball Team for snatching the Bronze medal from the powerful US team!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.









Auxanne was there...



Worst singer in Edmonton,.. really!




French girl was very sweet


Violinist named Daniels




This gal can fiddle!