Sunday, September 17, 2023

Sunday September 17, 2023 Whyte

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Sunday September 17, 2023

 Jeepers!  I have been taking the 3mg of Melatonin to sleep for a very long time, just bumped them up to 5mg with no visible effect, so I took two as an experiment, to equal the 10mg available..  and.... no effect....  Maybe they are just placebos, for all the good they are doing...  I went to bed at 11:30 last night and still woke at the usual 3:30 and got up at 5:30...

I worked on more photos again today, watched the Blue Jays win another squeaker while I munched on my salad, and got ready to meet Bob to head south again to Whyte Avenue.

Boy!  It was really smoky today, and that affects Bob somewhat, but has zero effect on me thankfully.  It was a nice enough day, 24C, but with no visible sunshine.  Hence, the foot traffic was way down as people prepare for autumn.

We stopped in to enjoy Leo Martinez's usual Sunday mellow music on the Patio, and he was joined by violinist Cam Neufeld just before we left.

We made a stop for a delicious donair on the way home in the University district.  That hit the spot nicely.

There is nothing planned for the coming week yet so I imagine that I will get a lot of photo work done....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Leaving downtown, super smoky...

Encountered the High Level Tram

It was going north

Smoky on Whyte too

Bob is checking out the motorbikes

Smooth Leo Martinez

A pop for Bob

Cool old Camaro

Cam Neufeld fiddles with Leo

Still bad smoke going back

Smoky dusk on the North Saskatchewan



Smoky downtown park