Monday, September 25, 2023

Sunday September 24, 2023 Beauty

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Sunday September 24, 2023

I finally got the notification that the book "Dunstan" by Conn Iggulden was available at the Library so I went to go get it.  I misread the list and now find that this was a standalone book, so I have been holding onto another standalone called Falcon Of Sparta for nothing, and had to extend my hold on it....  Silly me!!!  Now there is only one book left of his worth reading, Empire, and so far it is unavailable and there are 8 holds on the only copy that is supposedly coming....

Since I was in central downtown anyhoo, I decided to head for dead-center and the MacDonald Hotel view.  The trees are multi-coloured and the photography over the river is amazing.  

I continued back towards the Legislature and decided to make the circle there, again for fall photos.  I stumbled across a Provincial ceremony for "fallen policemen" that was pretty somber.

On my way to Whyte Avenue, I was passed by a nice couple on these rental Lime scooters.  Then they went by me at least another 5 times, finally stopping for an actual pose...

Bob joined me at Blues on Whyte to listen to our friend Leo Martinez play.  He even had a harmonica out for a couple of songs.  Then he had an Irish gal come and play guitar and sing.  While she had a high voice, she did most songs perfectly and we could understand every word she sang... 

Leo asked me to compile him a list of songs that he could maybe learn of other gravely voiced artists like Joe Cocker and Kenny Rogers.  Naturally, I sent him a long list because he really needs to expand his repertoire.

All in all, it was a gorgeous day and we really enjoyed ourselves.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


The Riverboat is apparently drydocked

Small wonder we never see it cruising!

Canoeists



The Mac









Fallen hero memorial


















2nd time they passed me



3rd time


5th time



Final time

Ugh!  Construction mess.

Ashley from PQ

Leo Martinez


Playing harmonica while singing

Amie Weymes can sing!


Enjoying the tunes


A performer