Monday, February 27, 2023

Monday February 27, 2023 Prepared

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday February 27, 2023

I walked the dogs yesterday and today and also hope to have a farewell walk tomorrow too.  I should be able to manage that and still be ready to leave at 7:30am if I don't do internet chores. 

Because I am a Type-A personality, but improving.... I have been working yesterday and today on packing, weighing and making the hard choices.  I must have mis-weighed the black suitcase with the computer tower initially, because I removed some heavy items (some unused, brand new) and it became overly light so I was able to add some back, like the Echo Dot (Alexa).  As I finished today, I should have a kg leeway on both, after dumping some clothes and adding my Tim Horton's mug, which I almost forgot.....

Then I took videos of everything in the suitcases and backpack in case Ineed to makea baggage claim...  The insurance is only $1200 USD so ....

Once I was satisfied, I zip-tied the zipper clasps and had Cristina help me wrap the suitcases in plastic.  Because of the values involved, and these 2 suitcases comprise my "Start-over" kit and kaboodle, I hope they will arrive in Bogota, Toronto, Calgary and Edmonton intact and untouched.  Some airports have kiosks for the wrapping, so it is acceptable.  THey can still x-ray the luggage for guns and drugs, etc and open if they feel it is necessary.  Because of all the work involved, I do not intend to open them at all during my week in Ontario, making do with my change of clothes in the backpack.

Ready to go
 

I am finding delayed peace with my decision as the usual BS swirls around me.  Now Cristina is on the outs with bossy Adiela again so the world turns and turns.

Time to do the Check-Mig to allow me to leave Colombia in peace.

I thank everybody from around the world that are sending me good wishes on my journey.  Hugs.  Love you all.  Please don't expect a Blog for a couple of days...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Start

 

 

 

Fin