Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Wednesday February 15, 2023 Funeral

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday February 15, 2023

We had gone to the wake for Carlos's cousin, Liliana, after 10pm so we were late getting back.  She was 51 years old and had succumbed to stomach cancer, poor thing.  She was always nice to me.

So I didn't get up until 5am to walk the dogs but Nature decided to call urgently after 2.5 blocks so we beat a hasty retreat, and none too soon too.

Daisy duck has decided to provide us with eggs now!  One yesterday and one today!  I never knew that ducks could lay eggs without a mate, but they can!!!  I had to look that up.....

Cristina slipped out to arrange for a flower bouquet for Liliana's home.  It doesn't cost much to get a magnificent bouquet.  Considering the number of people at the wake last night, there were only a couple of bouquets..

It was decided by Cristina to return Chica to the central park where she had found her, near the church.  Everyone, including vet John, figured she had an owner because she was clean, had no fleas, seemed leash-trained and overly friendly, although a little too aggressive when food was around.  So the conventional wisdom was, now that she is no longer in heat , or able to have babies, that she would find her way home.  Good luck Chica.

I did a little more packing today, with jewelry and camera equipment to sort.   I have more stuff to donate to my friend John....

At 2:15 I dropped off Cristina and Angela to help Gilma at Liliana's residence where she has left a teenage son and a 90-year-old mother (Gilma's sister).  I was to return at 3:40 to get them for the church service.

I was about to jump in the shower at 3:10 when Cristina called, saying I now had to be there at 3:20..!!!  I got there at 3:25 just as they were loading the hearse and we followed it at a snail's pace with most people walking to the church.  We stayed outside during the service because the church was full and we got hit with a fast, hard rainstorm.  That sure made the church look bright and clean so I took that shot with the cel phone..  Chica was still roaming the area...

Then we loaded up Gilma again for the ride to the cemetery which we did speedily to get there well before the crowd to unload and get situated.  Again, we did not get close to the actual services which were very close to the chapel doors.  RIP Liliana......

Then we brought Gilma back to Liliana's house again to be with her sister who must be feeling pretty lost with no breadwinner any more.  Carlos had indicated that the family would look after them.

Wolf just invited me for either a sancocho (soup) lunch or an evening BBQ tomorrow.  So you know that I picked the evening meal and asked to bring some nice ham sausage to add to the meal....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Oopsy Daisy oeufs...

The church looked good after a wash

Liliana is close to the chapel