Saturday, February 4, 2023

Saturday February 4, 2023 Moving

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday February 4, 2023

Because the family reunion necessarily ran late (and no rain in Tulua) Cristina spent the night at Adiela’s and myself and the co-pilots picked her up around 7:30am.  I started off by asking if she knew that I really loved her, and she nodded and smiled.  I then said that I felt it was time for me to return to Canada and, without hesitation or malice, she just said OK… like she knew that this was coming.  I offered her a divorce before I leave, but she said that was not necessary, neither of us will ever remarry again.  So it is all very amicable and I will try to leave her with very few worries once I am gone.

While this is still a very daunting change, things are underway to make this happen.  I already have several offers of a place to stay temporarily as required so that worry is lessening.

I did walk the dogs this morning and the pigs were again outside sleeping.  We took a quiet route after that.  I couldn’t even tell you what the sky was like because I was so lost in thought…

Well!  Things have fallen into place so amazingly quickly that I have already booked an Avianca flight (screw COPA) for Feb 28 where I will spend a lovely week with my sister Yvette near Niagara Falls.

Then, an offer for a place to stay with my empty-nested daughter and hubby was just too good to pass up, so I booked a premium WestJet flight to Edmonton March 7!   Jeepers, I have even booked a ride to the airport!  I am now exhausted, and will take my time packing carefully for the trip and making sure there will be no glitches with the flights.  Two suitcases and a carry-on... very reminiscent of our move to South America November 2011.

THANK YOU everyone for your offers of help and accommodation…  I have been in contact with so many old friends around the globe, literally, it is truly heartwarming!

Things are so very peaceful between Cristina and I again, and that is such a lovely byproduct of the big change.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.