Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Wednesday February 8, 2023 Chica

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday February 8, 2023

I received really sad news last night that my good friend, Betty Morgan, (4 months younger than me) passed away last night.  I am so glad that I managed to see her April 10th last year and had an amazing visit.  

RIP sweet Betty.

I managed to watch my Oilers pIaymy old Original Six favourite team, the Detroit Red Wings.  Oilers came out on top 5-2.

We walked late under an unusually starry sky and the still full moon was almost overhead.  Nature was calling for me so I had to cut the walk short.

After chores, I delivered all my DVD movie collection to Roger.  That saddens me to give up all those magnificent classics, over 200 of them, but there is no way I can take them with me.  To transport a 1 meter cube to Edmonton would be about $4,000 and take about 6 weeks...  I also gave him my fishing gear for now.  He will be getting a lot more from me before I go.

Then we took the new lost street dog which I named Chica to John Faber for sterilization.  We all think the dog is lost and had owners because of her excellent condition.  The way she runs and jumps, she could easily be a Super Dog.

We got groceries at both Exito and D-Uno and spent a lot...

We took out the steaks I had bought and I tried to slow-fry them to keep them tender... WRONG!  They were unchewable so Cristina put them for a short time in a pressure cooker and then they were at least edible.  The dogs got a good feed and we still have some for tomorrow.

Cristina has been in and out several times to help her friend Angela's father find a house and land for 60,000,000 pesos or $12,600 USD!  I didn't think any of those existed anymore...!!  That would be a pretty rustic shack....

Carlos is here again to apply chicken wire to the upper part of the duck enclosure and has metal to make a roof.  Again, I just helped bring the material out to the patio, nothing more.

 hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Tough steaks, not tomahawks!

Several hibiscus buds

This plant is prolific after watering

More Tea Rosebuds too

Chica groggy after surgery

Hope we find her owners.