Saturday, February 18, 2023

Saturday February 18, 2023 Berthold's

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday February 18, 2023

Watching the first period of the Oilers-Rangers  game was enough as I read a book.  The Oilers were up comfortably 4-1 when bedtime came.  They blew the game in a shootout 5-4.

I looked at my clock at exactly 4am, but we were all so comfortable I just rolled over and went back to sleep.

I was up by 7:30am and I saw that Cristina had put all the frozen food in our portable coolers because the fridge was leaking water and she wanted to defrost it.  She had unplugged the fridge for overnight but not opened the freezer door,..... duh...  So I emptied what little was in there and aimed a large fan at it.  It didn't take long to get results as the bottom was all caked with ice so the freezer could not breathe.  I added near-boiling water twice, let it sit, then sponged it away and cleaned the freezer thoroughly.  Then I woke Cristina to put the food back and plugged in the fridge again.

I rushed through chores because Wolf and Alex promised to be at Berthold and Ceneyda's German restaurant, Vollkorn, at 10am.  I was a few minutes late and only Wolf showed up.  

At the next table, I could hear a couple speaking English so I introduced myself...  You are not going to believe this, but he was Alain Martin from Montreal, and probably a cousin....  We can't escape the broad tentacles of the prolific Bourassa clan... And they live in BugaLaGrande just across the highway from us...

Later, Wolf's wife, Fabiola, showed up in a taxi.  We made a call to Andi again who had shown interest in maybe buying my car, but later had declined.  I was hoping there was some way to sweeten the deal and he was kind enough to come with his wife and friends as well.  The reason for declination is that it would empty their investments at a bad time so I am stuck selling to KIA on Tuesday.  But Andi was taking his friends to Medellin for a short trip, returning Wednesday and offered to drive me anywhere I needed.  How nice was that!   Udo, who lived close to the late David, came with his girlfriend too, so we had nice groups to chat, all Spanish at the women's table, and mostly German at our table.  Wolf was a good interpreter for all the jokes.

We had to leave as the restaurant closed at 2pm and I made my way to HomeCenter to get plastic wrap for the suitcases.  I was hoping for the rolls about 12" but they only had 6", so I bought 2.

I called Cristina that I was on the way home to be sure the 2 escapee dogs, Negrita and Nina, were safely stored.  She said yes, and she was actually on the way to LA14 with niece Ana just as I was driving away from there....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Lovely small flowers at Berthold's

Gorgeous!

Berthold

Wolf

More flowers

The Spanish table of Colombianas

The German table with Udo, Andi and Bernd

Anna was with us